“Over looking the bay”

Thyme. by the bay
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had dinner here 2 nights in a row, it was so unbelievable! The salad with crab and corn is great. My husband had for starters the barbecue pork belly and it was really tasty! I'd never had pork belly and it just sounds awful, but taste like ham. I ate the grouper with fresh vegetables and it was nice and light for a hot summer evening. The pork tenderloin special with fig preserves and underneath was okra, collards and a few other vegetables, really one of my favorites. This is the best restaurant in Fairhope. They only take reservations 30 minutes in advance. It's a small place inside with only about 5 tables that are 4 tops and 2 that are 2 tops. A small counter bar for about 4, so come early! I'm told lunch is very good, also!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate there on Saturday for lunch....had the Southern BLT (fried green tomatoes with goat cheese) and sweet potato fries. Oh my! It was so good...we went back for brunch on Sunday....and so grateful that we did. If you are anywhere near....go in for the Strawberry White Chocolate Pancakes....heaven....and the sausage was perfect. And if weather permits...you can not beat the view of the bay from the patio. Unbelievable!!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We have eaten lunch here several times and enjoyed it most of the time. I have to admit that since the menu was changed, I do not find the menu items as appealing. Burgers are good, but can be had other places that are not as expensive. Also, be prepared to wait for a table. This place is better for couples or foursomes. It is almost impossible to get a table for six or more.

The biggest problem here is the parking. We parked in the back one day and then found that our vehicle was too large to make the turn to get out. We had to back out the entrance where another car refused to move to let us out until an employee came out and talked to them. Either come in a very small compact car or park across the street.

1  Thank 56Model
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Thyme by the Bay is small but charming, great location overlooking the bay if the weather permits outside seating. Very unusual menu, tasty and delicious. No frills in decor but delicious food.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch on the way back home from a wonderful stay on Mobile Bay. The decor and atmosphere matches the laid back nature of the surroundings. The menu was limited for lunch but the food was excellent. Very creative twists on old favorites. The BLT was made with bacon cured by the restaurant, fried green tomatos with tomato jam and goat cheese. The Caesar salad was served with the same wonderful bacon and grilled flounder (really good) but also had the option of grilled shrimp. The people at the next table got the fresh grilled fish tacos which gave me plate envy Can't wait to go back for dinner on my next visit.

1  Thank baustin5