“Over rated”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Over rated”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had never been to a Oyster House and we selected the Trigger Fish. It was dry and although it was a luncheon special, there just wasn't too much good about it.

Visited March 2013

“Great place for seafood- family and group friendly”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We had such a great experience we ate here twice. Reasonably priced with daily specials. Our waitress was so helpful with our travel weary toddler. Thanks Margie!

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham
“Excellent Oysters”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great food, I can't speak to everything on the menu, but the oysters are fantastic. The deck seating in the evening is wonderful.

Visited April 2013
Cedartown, Georgia
“Best Oysters Ever!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came in at 8pm and had 12 people with us. They took a moment to get us seated, but we were able to walk around and look at all the signs. Loved it. Then we received our appetizers- fried green beans and fried pickles, man they were good and the sauce must be their own stuff because it had a different but good taste. I had raw oysters and then a fish platter. The raw oysters were perfectly chilled and wonderful. The fish platter was great, I just got too full off all the other items!!!!

Visited April 2013
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Fantastic Low Country Boil!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I flew into Mobile from Boston and was very hungry. I looked for a seafood restaurant and several chains appeared but so didn't Wintzell's. The TripAdvisor reviews were pretty good so I pulled in. Glad I did!

The restaurant is very interesting, with lots of bumper sticker style slogans all over the walls and a nice open bar area where I was seated. The menu has all sorts of interesting items, many centered on oysters, and all reasonably priced (most way under $20). The Low Country Boil seemed interesting and it was. It consists of very large shrimp, sausage, potatoes and corn on the cob, ,all spiced up and cooked in a bag. The cooking spices really flavor the food and it isn't overwhelming. See the included photo. I don't include the after photo as it would show an empty bowl.

I noticed the table next to me getting some broiled oysters. They were enormous, about 6 inch long shells. I can't wait to come back and order those, probably tomorrow night.

One criticism, the floor wasn't perfectly clean. The area around the bar could use some sweeping and the tile floor was all cracked, not very appealing. I hope the kitchen is in better condition. However, this didn't ruin my overall dining experience which was excellent.

• Visited April 2013