“Southern Hospitality at its Best!”

Point Clear Cottages
Ranked #1 of 9 Fairhope B&B and Inns
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Southern Hospitality at its Best!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

I have tried to stay at Point Clear Cottages for a couple of years now, and finally got reservations. The best way to describe it is that it is like staying with family. In December I stayed at the Marriott Grand Hotel right next door. It was lovely, but Mr. Berglin's cottages have it beat hands down! When I arrived, Mr. Berglin and Tabatha met me at the Bayside Cottage. Tabatha got my luggage in while Mr. Berglin explained the TV and and talked about restaurant choices. It has been a long time since anyone at a B&B offered to help with luggage, and it was very much appreciated. The Bayside Cottage was wonderful and just big enough with an excellent queen bed. If you prefer a king, I hear one of the other rooms has one. The cottage also had two comfortable chairs, a great TV, a front porch with two rockers, and a great view of the bay. At Mr, Berglin's suggestion, I had dinner at Gambino's. Their steak was almost a religious experience and I was glad I had the refrigerator and microwave so I could enjoy my leftovers the next night. When I first arrived, I explained that I would have to miss breakfast the first morning as I had to meet relatives for an early lunch in Pensacola. Mr. Berglin offered to go buy muffins, but I assured him I had everything I needed. There was already a selection of cereals and juices in the room, plus a coffee pot. He then asked what I would like for breakfast the next day. I knew whatever they came up with would be delicious, but imagine my surprise when he asked if I liked étouffée! You will not find many people from Louisiana who would turn that down. Mr. Berglin looked pleased and said he thought he would go buy some crawfish. This morning we had fresh fruit, homemade biscuits, fig preserves, orange juice, coffee, and the most delicious crawfish étouffée over grits. Wow. Joannie is an unbelievable cook. "Cook" is probably too common of a word for the experience and skill she brings to the table. As long as we are talking food, a previous review mentioned a cookbook. Hey! I need to know about that, too! I look forward to seeing all of you again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Melinda L
Robert B, Manager at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing Point Clear Cottages during your recent visit to Alabama and for the outstanding review. Our goal here is to make you feel at home whether it be assisting with your luggage, directions, restaurant selections; whatever it takes to make your stay a pleasure.

I regret that it took years for you to get reservations but delighted to learn that it was worth the wait. I will notify you when the cook book is ready and look forward to your return visit.

Joannie Walsh
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We just enjoyed a several night stay with Mr. B at this charming B&B and really enjoyed it. The Point Clear staff take great care to provide visitors a relaxing, pampered stay. The facility is beautiful and right on the bay. If you plan to visit Mobile, we recommend you stay at Point Clear Cottages!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review and stay at Point Clear Cottages. We welcome you back any time you are in the Mobile area.

Joannie Walsh
Manager
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed March 29, 2014

A stay at Point Clear Cottages is the ultimate experience in Southern Hospitality. Mr. Berglin is a most gracious host assisted by a friendly and hospitable staff. The grounds are beautifully manicured and maintained. Bayshore cottage provided very comfortable accommodations for our five night stay. Location was convenient for touring the area. Joannie's breakfasts were delicious and served in the delightful sunroom in the main house. We can hardly wait for the debut of her new cookbook! The little "goodie bag" for the road was also a nice touch.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank debodw
Robert B, Manager at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing Point Clear Cottages as your get away. I speak for the entire staff when I say that we enjoyed serving you and the time spent visiting with one another. We appreciate your comments and invite you to come back ANYTIME. I will be sure to notify you when the book is ready.

Chelsea, Alabama
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Once again after a wonderful stay with Mr. Berglin at Point Clear Cottages I have to say that it is the best place ever to stay at. We have already scheduled for a week in Nov. and can hardly wait to return again. Mr. Robert is the perfect host and provides anything you might need while staying with him. The room we stayed in was above the garage and as always pristine as could be. I would give his place a 10 rating if there one that goes that high. Also if you forget anything Mr. Robert will mail it to you if you just let him know, I found this out first hand from leaving something. Thanks Mr. Robert for a wonderful, restful time again. Terry and Kay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a heart felt review. Our goal here at Point Clear Cottages is to make your stay a memorable one and it gives me great pleasure in doing whatever it takes to make that happen. I am pleased to learn that your blankets arrived, I didn't want you to have to wait until your return in November.

Enjoy the summer and I'll see you all in November.

God Bless

Robert Berglin
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The charm and hospitality of Mr. B, proprietor of Point Clear Cottages, really made our stay a pleasurable experience. Waking up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee followed by the peaceful stroll out to the bay with coffee in hand set the stage for a grand visit. Breakfast was served by Joanie and Tabitha, Mr. B's staff, in a formal setting with china and crystal. What a wonderful touch of elegance to enhance a great southern breakfast! Our weekend getaway could not have been anymore perfect!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Robert B, Manager at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We were very delighted to learn of the wonderful time you experienced here during your recent visit. I would like to thank you for choosing Point Clear Cottages and welcome you back whenever you're in the area. Thank you for the great review.

Pace, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Enjoyed a get a way weekend with a dear friend and stayed in the Cottage by the Bay at Point Clear Cottages. The cottage was perfectly decorated! Outfitted with everything one could want, down to the ice cream in the cottage freezer:) The owner Mr. B. is such a Southern gentleman and so concerned that EVERY detail is perfect for your stay. His staff including sisters Joanie and Tabitha are so welcoming and helpful. The main house dining room is set with china and crystal for the delicious full breakfast including omelets, waffles, bacon, cheese biscuits served at 9:00a.m. I look forward to returning in September:)

Room Tip: Cottage by the Bay was quiet and private!