Point Clear Cottages
Hampton Inn Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton.com
Key West Inn(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
Holiday Inn Express Fairhope(Fairhope)(Great Value!)
$89
$98
$86
$152
$125
All reviewsbayshore cottagerobert berglinmaster bedroomthe ownerthe main houseice creammy husband and ipelican's restsouthern hospitalityb bshrimp and gritsmobile baybay shorepecan wafflebed and breakfastjuiceget away
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We returned for our second visit to attend Mardi Gras festivities in nearby Fairhope. Once you enjoy Mr. Bergland's wonderful hospitality and his attentive staff no other place quite measures up. Beautifully situated literally steps away from the bay, this estate with two unattached private apartments offers the epitome of luxury in a private residential setting. One can access miles of sidewalks by just stepping out the front door for a leisurely walk or bike ride that meanders along the bay. Aside from being an ideal location, Mr. Bergland has thought of everything to make his guests comfortable. Each cottage is supplied with milk, coffee, cereals of all descriptions and a few special treats like ice cream and chocolates. The rooms are designer appointed with excellent linens, robes and toiletries. In addition breakfast is sinful. Joannie, the chef de cuisine, adds inches to waistlines by plying guests with shrimp and grits, fresh crabmeat omelets, stuffed French toast, lighter than air homemade biscuits and other sinful treats.
Rooms are discretely fluffed and straightened while guests breakfast with the host in a grand room located in the main house overlooking the bay. A most excellent experience. Jack K.

1  Thank WJKAL
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Jack & Pat, thank you for the wonderful review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed yourself and I look forward to y our next visit.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay in the main house in the second master bedroom. The bedding and linens made sleeping a dream and the bathroom was modern and very clean. The room and bath were straightened and cleaned every day. The B&B's location right on the bay, with a pier of its own made, every sunset special. However, the single best thing about Point Clear Cottages is the people who make it tick: Robert, the owner knows all about the area and will do anything it takes to make your stay more pleasant; Joannie the wonderful cook, kept me smiling while she fattened me up with crab omelettes and french toast; and Tabitha the housekeeper, who kept the bathroom sparkling and the linens fresh while singing a song as she went about her business. Great golf courses within 15 minutes to a half hour. I'll be back again next year based on what she heard, my wife will be right there with me. On a ten point scale, I give Point Clear Cottages a twelve:)
Tom S.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank tom s
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Tom, thank you for the great review. I am very grateful that you enjoyed staying here and had such a nice time. I look forward to seeing you and your wife next January. Keep in touch. Joannie and Tabitha appreciate the kind comments also.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I have traveled all over the world and stayed in some very unique and memorable places but little did we know what was in our own back yard. We stayed in the Bayshore Cottage right on the Mobile Bay and from the moment we drove onto the property until the day we left it was truly amazing. Robert Berglin has one goal in mind and that is perfection. The special breakfast, treats for the room, right down to the cottage decor will be something to remember. We highly recommend this vacation rental for anyone wishing for that secret getaway with amenities galore. From walks on the pier to late evening relaxation in the hot tub overlooking the bay you'll be wanting to return as soon as possible. The special touches that Joannie and her sister Tabitha give will make your stay a lasting memory. Sam and Linda Branch

Room Tip: Views from the Bayshore Cottage are incredible. Book early because it fills up quickly.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam B
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Sam and Linda,
I am grateful for the nice review that you posted on trip advisor. We do aim for perfection and to please out guest. I look forward to seeing you in April. I am so glad that you had a nice time. We will be serving breakfast on the pier when you come in April. I am going to plant 3,000 caladiums and hopefully they will be up and colorful in April.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at Bayshore Cottage and were absolutely delighted with everything. The cottage was spotlessly clean and well kept. Robert attended to every detail, including filling refrigerator with juices and yogurt. The setting is absolutely beautiful - making quiet time on the pier so relaxing. The food prepared for breakfast was delicious and served with style while being in a relaxed manner. Robert was very quick to please in any way and offered suggestions about possible site seeing places. We are definitely hoping to return on an annual basis. We highly recommend Point Clear Cottages. Don & Jane

2  Thank Jane C
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Don & Jane, I am so pleased that you were so pleased with your accomodations. I hope that you can come back again next January or February.I am so glad that you had a nice time. The temperature is in the upper 70's today. It is paradise here on Mobile Bay. I am so blessed to have been here my entire life.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in the Bayshore Cottage for our 5th Wedding Anniversary. It is absolutely wonderful. Robert, the owner, pays special attention to detail and it shows in every aspect of your stay and the sunsets are amazing. It is the perfect getaway, we can not wait to go back and make it a tradition. Jim and Shannon

1  Thank Shannon M
Robert B, Owner at Point Clear Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Jim & Shannon, thank you for spending your 5th anniversary in the Bayshore Cottage. I appreciate the nice review and look forward to seeing you again in the future.