“Point Clear Cottages”

and 1 more site!
Point Clear Cottages
Ranked #1 of 9 Fairhope B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My husband and I travelled south for a much needed vacation and found this lovely B and B through the internet. The owner, Robert, and his caring and kindly staff went out of their way to see that every convenience and comfort was available. The breakfasts were delicious and plentiful. Bicycles were available to ride into Fairhope (3 short miles), and at night we were treated to the sounds of waves and bay breezes. We will most certainly be back again.

Room Tip: There was no swimming pool and I just clicked excellent because I was probably thinking of the hot t...
1  Thank fourpawsRoyalOak

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We came for our 25th wedding anniversary, but we will be back again and again - assuming we can find available dates! :)

Everything was perfect; from the beautiful oaks and magnolias, the crepe myrtles and caladiums, to the perfectly appointed cottage, wonderful food, gracious host and glorius sunsets, it could not have been more perfect. I have never stayed anywhere nicer, more beautiful, or more serene. It was a trip to remember forever.

Room Tip: The Bay Cottage is where we stayed, and I cannot imagine anything more perfect. But I am sure the P...
1  Thank Michial
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I didn't know anything about Fairhope or Point Clear other than what I saw on Sweet Home Alabama, CMT's version of The Bachelorette. Watching this show made me want to see more. I found this place site unseen and took a chance. Well, I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled in. Even at night it's a beautiful place. The cottages were booked so we stayed in the master bedroom of the home; therefore, we got to spend time with Mr. Berglin. He's a very hospitable and kind man. Runs a first class B&B, clean and comfortable. Ms JoAnn cooks up a wonderful breakfast. I hope to stay in one of the cottages next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tammy P
Reviewed April 19, 2012

A gentle breeze floats off Mobile Bay and we are on the pier at Point Clear Cottages swaying in our hammocks on this glorious April afternoon. Superlatives just don't quite express the generosity of this lovely place or it's thoughtful host. The waterfront setting, the immaculate grounds and our beautifully appointed cottage are all exceptional. This is the perfect compliment to the town of Fairhope - both are truly gracious and refined.

1  Thank foxycol
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I took my wife for our wedding anniversary as a surprise.
"It was by far our most comforting, romantic, restful, peaceful and still thrilling week-end ever spent in a B&B or Hotel on the Bay....I would chose this over any hotel for service, cleanliness and beauty....
"Don't miss out on this well kept secret get away" "Personal yet professional service"
Food was unsurpassed by any place to eat in the area for breakfast....crab omelets, fruit, homemade southern bisquits" No grits, unless you ask, of course"
Mr. Berglin and staff surprises you with lots of unexpected snacks and drinks for any time of the day or night....packed frig, coffee, tea and snacks in room...even ice cream and warm cookies....at night.
Watch the sunset from the hot tub or pier....and enjoy his art and professional decor throughout.
We signed up a year in advance...for next year, too.
Terry and Carolyn S.

Room Tip: We chose the private stand alone Cottage out by the Bay, But the apartment is beautiful and nicer fo...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry S
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful stay in the Bayshore Cottage. The cottage is immaculately clean and beautifully decorated. It offers amenities like HDTV and Wi-fi, a kitchen with a refrigerator and microwave, a very comfortable bed, quality linens and plush towels and bathrobes. The refrigerator was stocked with waters, sodas, juices and yogurts. The bay view from the cottage is perfection. My husband and I enjoyed watching the sun set over the bay in such a tranquil setting. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, there is a hot tub right by the bay, and even hammocks in the boat house overlooking the water. I have never had a more relaxing experience! Mr. Berglin is a gracious host, and his hospitality exceeded expectations. From the crab omelets to the warm cookies delivered to our door, we felt totally pampered.

The town of Fairhope is absolutely charming. Beautiful flowers, interesting shops, and excellent restaurants are abundant. I would highly recommend a trip to Fairhope and a stay at Point Clear Cottages!

1  Thank LouavulTraveller
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a romantic escape on Mobile Bay and we certainly found it at Point Clear Cottages. The little bungalow was a welcome retreat from the kids and the demands of city life. Mr. Berglin and his team truly deliver the highest quality hospitality and facility. We enjoyed sunrise breakfasts on the wharf, long bike rides along the coast, lazy afternoons reading in the hammocks, bbq dinners and sunset on the wharf and plenty of stargazing. The property is just a stone's throw from the Grand Hotel and other Point Clear amenities. It is very private but also very convenient to things. The bungalow itself, as well as the main house, are gorgeous -- well-appointed, tasteful, and appropriate to the area. No detail is overlooked. There were comfy spa robes in the bathroom, the Wi-Fi was ultrafast throughout the property, and the sheets and towels were all of the highest quality. It was exactly the right mix of rustic, luxurious and convenient. The kitchenette was even stocked with all our favorites when we arrived: fresh local fruits and bread, chocolates. When Mr. Berglin heard we liked to squeeze our own orange juice, he even made a point to make fresh orange juice for us every morning. He and his team are terrific and we will definitely be staying at the cottage on our next visit to Fairhope.

1  Thank Lisa S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhope
Holiday Inn Express Fairhope
Malaga Inn
Malaga Inn
#8 of 65 in Mobile
Hampton Inn Mobile-East Bay/Daphne

Been to Point Clear Cottages? Share your experiences!