“good but pricey”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“good but pricey”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

had the burger which was very good but charge a $5 up charge for fries instead of chips which I thought was too expensive. their food is good but pricey
burger, fries, & one beer with tip $32

• Visited February 2014

Southeast US
“There are better choices in Fairhope”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just got back from a week in Fairhope, a delightful small town with a surprisingly large number of great restaurants. We ate at several outstanding establishments - some of which I hope to review here soon - and this one was to be our pinnacle experience, as we tried to save the best for last. Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way. While the service was excellent, the food was just average, the highlight being dessert: we sampled several delectable choices - the Apple crisp was fantastic (even though it doesn't come ala mode by default). As for the main course, my chicken breast still had the bone in, and I had to dig around some gristle with my knife. My daughter's burger was raw in the middle despite her requested "medium". The appetizers were good, though two of the options we wanted to try were unavailable. Overall, it was nothing special and disappointing given its top Tripadvisor.com rating.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank cinesage
Pensacola, Florida
“wow”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

11/23 great service (when my husband went to the restroom the waiter came and refolded his napkin) staff extremely welcoming, wedge salad very good, grouper and sauce and vegetables made the meal a 10 plus and the apple crisp was the best we have ever had!! I would highly recommend this restaurant. The french press decafe and regular coffee was outstanding.

2 Thank m and c
Salt Lake City
“Very good”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The service here was superb. The server was friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was beautiful. I would highly recommend this restaurant. We had the shrimp and grits which were cooked to perfection. We would definitely return.

1 Thank th1world
South Georgia
“Great meal on a rainy night”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

My husband and I went here on a cold rainy night in November while visiting Fairhope.
I had read the Trip Advisor reviews before going so I had high expectations! I had called ahead 2 weeks and made a reservation and also requested the most popular table in the house. When we were seated we were given a cramped little 2 top near the bar and a trash can. This was my first disappointment. We requested another table and did get it. However, that small lack of attention to detail keeps this from being a 5-star rating in my book.
The martini's we ordered were perfect! The food was absolutely delicious! However, our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable but there were lag times that were odd between ordering and receiving our food. Again, a small thing but again keeps this from being 5 star.
The ambiance is quite nice~candles and flowers and acoustic tiles on the ceiling to keep from being too loud. I would definitely return but would discuss my concerns with maitre'd while making reservations.

2 Thank Bookwoman44

Been to Camellia Cafe? Share your experiences!