“Birthday Celebration”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We dined here recently for my wife's birthday. The restaurant is very well decorated and was completely full when we left. We started out with some mussel and oyster appetizers. Both were very fresh and delicious. I had a steak entrée, our son had the pork chop, my wife had the salmon special and there were two more entrees. All were well presented and tasty. Our waitress was very friendly and brought everything in a fashion that did not rush our meal. We were there on a Tuesday night and would not have been seated without a reservation, so that is a must. If you have a party larger than 4 I would ask for a table toward the front of the restaurant. Overall, a delightful evening.

1  Thank James S
There are newer reviews for Camellia Cafe

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This small intimate restaurant offers ambiance and food that excels in every aspect. The flat iron steak with crab was tender and flavorful. My husbands snapper fish was cooked to perfection and served with a citrus reduction. One of the best meals we have ever had. Worth the price!

1  Thank Dianne J
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The service staff was patient and attentive and the food was to die for! Everything was locally sourced and the steak tartar was out of this world!

1  Thank srmcmurphy
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Had a fantastic dinner with friends at Camellia Cafe. Opted for three appetizers instead of an entree and all were excellent. Everyone in our party loved their food. Oysters were wonderful as was fresh tomato salad. Also had smoked salmon brushetta which I will try to replicate at home. Camellia Cafe never disappoints!!

2  Thank LorettaNOLAFoodie
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife & I are from New Orleans, and dined at the Camellia Cafe during a recent visit to Point Clear. The restaurant was clean and cozy, and the food was THE BOMB. The lamb chpos were perfectly cooked, and the portion was unusually large. I also really enjoyed the roasted vegetables that came with my entree. We shared desserts (chocolate cake and pecan pie) both of which were very tasty. As a bonus, the owner/chef paid us a visit. He works very hard to keep turnover low, which was corroborated by friendly and knowledgeable service. Ou waiter was named Chris. And the food was reasonably priced. The only thing I can complain about was being seated near the kitchen door. But even then, I was invited to visit the folks who assemble out lovely meal. I'd recommend this place very, very highly.

1  Thank ceefus