Tripadvisor
Fairhope

“Really good Asian food at”
Review of Wok by d’Bay

Wok by d’Bay
Ranked #59 of 128 Restaurants in Fairhope
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really good Asian food at reasonable prices. My wife had a yummy seaweed salad - she loves these and this stacked up well to her standards. Also she enjoyed her crab Rangoon - not too bready. My pad Thai was not the best I have ever had, but still good. Nice light rice noodles with a bit too thick sauce - but I would have preferred the sauce to be more peanut flavored

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (17)

Reviewed November 16, 2019

Have dined here a number of times in the past and it was very good. I have to say that tonight was a bit disappointing. I ordered the rack of lamb only to be told that it’s not available since the chef that prepared it no longer works there. This was a big disappointment since I had already planned on having it as my entree since it was on the menu (the menu on their website as well as the menu in the restaurant). If a dish is no longer served, edit the menu! I settled for pad Thai. It wasn’t bad, just not great. Then it was time to settle the bill only to be informed that a 3.5% fee would be added if paid by credit card! I get it that businesses have to pay a card swipe fee but this seemed a little excessive (a matter of principle). Perhaps it would be better to recoup the credit card swipe fee by slightly adjusting the food cost. This type of fee is a turn off and in my observation most customers don’t pay with cash these days!

3  Thank Discover729601
Reviewed November 8, 2019 via mobile

There are surprisingly quite a few sushi restaurants in Fairhope so when Wok by d’Bay opened I didn’t rush out to try it. I wish I had though because the sushi here is incredible. In addition to a strong variety of rolls, they also have amazing soups and stir fry. This place is definitely worth checking out and will probably become a regular spot if you live in the Fairhope area

Reviewed November 4, 2019 via mobile

Been to Wok By dBay four times recently and enjoyed each occasion. Hibachi choices are outstanding. Especially enjoy hibachi chicken with yum yum sauce.

Bountiful portions.

Full bar and nice wine selections.

Unquestionably spotlessly clean.

And ever-smiling wait staffers.

A very nice addition to our excellent choices in and around Fairhope!

Reviewed September 25, 2019

The building itself is beautiful and the service was great. The chef checked on us a few times and even brought us a sample of something he thought we'd enjoy. Of course, we did. The food was very good as well. This is a must if you're visiting Fairhope!

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Wok by d’Bay? Share your experiences!