“Terrible Housekeeping”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fairfield
Billings, MT
“Terrible Housekeeping”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

This is by far the worst Comfort Inn we have stayed at. We stayed here Oct 20th. Our room was a king room on the lst floor....We were delighted that the room had a microwave and mini fridge...but the room was not built big enough for those items. Thus it was difficult getting around our luggage and the fridge. The towel bar by the sink was pulling out of the wall, as was the big towel bar in the shower area. There was a big hole knocked into the wall behind the easy chair that had not been cleaned up. The carpet either had not been vaccuumed in a very long time, or the staff needs to change the bag on the vaccuum. The bed was comfortable. The towels were very small and dingy looking. One usually sees these towels at the pool area for guest usage. Breakfast the next morning was the typical fare.....waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, coffee, juice, etc. There were also eggs and sausage. Delightful lady running the room.....It was due to the location on our route that we chose this property. We won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pammella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 26, 2011

My employer put me and co workers up at hotel for about three weeks. Hotel was close to job site. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They really took care of all of us. We were iced in for a few days and the manager made sure we had food to eat duing that time. That says a lot.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Palatka, FL
Reviewed June 29, 2010

Looks fine from the outside BUT the rooms need repairs and the place was hot. The breakfast was stale to the point of being totally un-edible. Our shower curtain and rod fell completely out of the wall and we could tell someone had done really shoddy work to repair it from a previous failure. The exercise room stunk. and no towels were available at the pool. There was also broken furniture around the pool. Just awful.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gogators52

Travelers are raving about these Fairfield hotels

Nashville
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I have repeatedly contacted the hotel and manager to no avail. I attended a happy wedding in Bessemer and stayed at the Fairfield establishment on my saved Choice Privileges points. We accidently left my mother's purse there which contained a camera, $40, and insulin. Luckily, this was not her primary purse, but just a dressier one she carried to the wedding. The manager ASSURED me she would mail it out on the Sept 14. It was suppose to come UPS cash on delivery. I called on the 17th asking when it was suppose to arrive. The answer was , "I can't remember when I mailed it out" and "The shipping information is in my briefcase." I waited because I thought I would recieve a phone call about the tracking info, but I did not. I have called at least six times, left three messages, two emails, and contacted Choice Privileges to assist in contacting the hotel on this matter. No reply from the hotel. I am very disappointed on how this was handled. It doesn't matter if the purse arrived today; it's the principle. The lack of management skills and the constant avoidance to my requests on the whereabouts of the purse has really left a bad taste in my mouth. We just wanted customer service. My mother only wanted her insulin back in a timely manner. Please stay here if you want a lower grade place to rest your head, but don't stay here if you are looking for Southern hospitality.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This hotel is up on all admentities, all you could need in a room, including a laundry room to do your laundry. VERY comfortable beds, VERY nice staff, Nice clean rooms, the downfall.......the location of it. Comfort Inn sits in the middle of a very questionable area of town. Being polite, shady surroundings. Park your vehicle in the camers shot. Security gaurds are on site at times. Need I say more about location? I dont think so. Must I say though, my husband and I have been here a week, due to his railroad work, and we've had no bad encounters. Pet freindly, plenty off grass for "fido" acually for the most part during the week its quiet, weekends get a little loud, but I guess everywhere does. Many stores in driving distence of just a few miles. If you need a grocery store, I suggest going to Hueytown, just 5 minutes down the road. Little bit bet part of town. Take precautions, and you'll enjoy the stay.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
gustav1
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This place is a mess. Upon arrival the lobby,elevator and halls were extremely hot. The hall on the third floor had an unplesant odor maybe due to the pets and no Air Conditioning. The bedding area was nice. It was large and roomy. But there were no rooms with kitchenettes available. The bathroom was another situation. It was in need of paint. The toilet set was in need of repair. The lighting was bad. The bathtub did not have the slip resistant pad. I experinced an itching sensation while I was there. I did not see any bugs but I was not itching when I arrived. The surrounding area did not have any restaurants other than fast food. So eating decent food was difficult. At the price for the room, they were robbing me. When I booked the room I was quoted a rate. When I arrived and requested a Senior 50 + mature rate I was told the rate I got was the 50 + senior. So it seems they were giving that rate to everyone going online seeking rooms. I could go on but in summary this place is not worth the money or the trouble. Comfort Inn Fairfield cross it off your list.

• Liked — Polite Staff
  • Disliked — Price and facility
  • Stayed September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Adamsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I am a Supervisor at a three star hotel located in the downtown business district of Birmingham and I pride myself on telling my employees on how their cleaning performance in a room affects the guests overall satisfaction of the hotel along with customer service. So when I became a guest at the Comfort lnn Hotel I knew immediately what to look for and how things should be and how staff should respond to guest complaints and expectations. So on June 27th,2008 my husband and I had planned a romantic get-away for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and decided to find a hotel close to where we would be attending our event. Upon arrival we noticed alot of fans in the lobby area which was quite hot and a lady rose from behind the counter which we could not see her sitting behind. And she also did not do the standard greeting of "Welcoming us " to the hotel instead she confirmed our reservations only asking for my husband's driver's license and continued to talk to whoever she was complaining about having to work the weekend.
We contined to our room and the bed looked like someone had just gotten out of it. The sheets felt gritty and the pillowcases on the bed had not been changed. The bathub had hair in it and on the floor and there was half a dead mosquito in the corner of the bathroom floor. During the night my sheets had gotten soiled so I called the young lady up front if we could get our sheets changed and she repiled that we could bring the old sheets to the front and she would replace them because there were no housekeeping staff at night to clean the room. Feeling embarrased about taking my sheets up front or asking for new ones I decided to make due with the soiled sheets and slept on them.
The next day we left for our event came back to the room around 9:00 p.m not only was our room not cleaned the same sheets where on the bed! I called back to guest services and he apologized and stated that we could come to the front and get some more sheets as I was pulling the pillowcase from the pillow I noticed blood on the pillow that I had slept on and it wasn't mine. I had had it then not only did I sleep on soiled linen , blood on the pillow and unsympathetic staff I gathered up my luggage and we left to find another hotel on the other side of town.
We paid for a romantic get-a-way and instead got the Titantic. The staff was incompetent and could or would not do anything without Management approval. They had this attitude of I 'm sorry but what do you want me to do about it?"
I would not recommend anyone to stay at this Hotel especially at night because if you happen to have an emergency , soil your linen, children running up and down the hall at 11:00 p.m, or need anything do not rely on the night crew to service you! Needless to say I would have done better if I would have just stayed at home instead of getting away like everyone told me too.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank sirodni
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfield
Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites
#32 of 79 in Birmingham
The Westin Birmingham
The Westin Birmingham
#15 of 79 in Birmingham

Been to America's Best Inn of Fairfield/Birmingham? Share your experiences!