“With limited places to eat in Evergreen I visit here almost every trip”
Review of Shrimp Basket

Shrimp Basket
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Evergreen
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Our menu encompasses a great variety of original seafood and local favorites. Ranging from shrimp, fish, crab claws, and crawfish, we also provide po-boys, chicken, and sandwiches for land lovers. Don't forget about our specialty Roasted Red Pepper Bama Sauce over Fettuccine pasta! The goal at the Shrimp Basket is to provide enjoyable, affordable service to each and every one of our guests at whichever restaurant they choose to dine in. This is accomplished by our professional and well-trained staff working together to ensure that your memories are the best that they can be at the Shrimp Basket. It is no surprise that our popularity has magnified among locals and tourists alike as we continue to expand along the Gulf Coast. We are grillin', steamin', and fryin' for you!
Reviewed June 30, 2014

To me there are only about 3-4 places to eat that are not fast food in Evergreen. Since the Shrimp Basket has opened my choices are really two and I visit the shrimp basket almost every time. Good sea food reasonably priced. Average portion size.

There are newer reviews for Shrimp Basket

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Walked in was greeted and seated at a dirty table,arrived at 4 pm looked as though all the tables had the crumbs and cracker wrappers for the day pushed onto the floor. Waited at table for a while and a server came by and asked if I had been helped,she took my soda order that was delivered by my server who had been out back on a smoke break.Servers were standing around the bar talking and socializing and not taking care of the customers.There is one server who was running around doing a good job. I watch a couple come in to be seated and had to stand and wait while the servers and manager were playing with a baby someone brought in...
I ordered a house salad which was delicious and was quickly brought out to me, I also ordered
the seafood platter which took over 30 minutes to arrive.(There were 8 people dining.) The food quality was very good,lightly breaded and well prepared.. My though is no one in this poorly managed restaurant was in a hurry to do any thing.Once I finished my meal I waited for my check that never came ,I finally went to the counter and was cashed out there.If the food came out quicker I could overlook the poor service,but in this case I can't recommend due to the cleanliness and bad service.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Shrimp basket (even though oyster basket was ordered), catfish n shrimp good. Pro boys over-priced for what you get. Slow during lunch; took over 35 minutes from being seated till food served.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I've eaten here before when staying in the area. This time the blackened fish was anything but blackened. It just had heavy seasoning and seemed to be steamed. The shrimp was supposed to be grilled, but had had the same seasoning as the fish. The cole slaw was good, as were the potatoes. I'll probably try this again, but will definitely try something different than the blackened.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Good, for a chain. Our food came out hot and freshly fried. The service was very friendly. My only complaint - not enough bathrooms. I had to wait in a long line - twice.