“Best BBQ ever!”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I'm ridiculously picky when it comes to BBQ, and this place does it right!! Their pulled pork is the best in AL and their variety of sauces is sure to provide something for everyone! Each sauce is phenomenal! My husband isn't a pork eater so he opts for the chicken and has assured me it is delicious as well. Their sweet corn bread is to die for and their fried okra can't be beat. Their servers are kind and attentive and the owner is super personable. We just moved to Eufaula and this is hands down our favorite place to eat. No need to dress up. It's a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere and they do have a TV in the dining room if you need to catch a game. It's also kid friendly which is a must for us!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Love the cornbread chicken salad. Also BBQ chicken or pork. Food and service is always excellent. One thing I don't particularly care for are their ribs; but that's just me. You may love 'em!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stopped for lunch and the power was out, but that didnt stop this friendly and hard working bunch from taking care of us. Very relaxed place, nothing fancy, but the food was great. The brisket was really good, tender and not fatty. One of us ordered the baked potato stuffed with all kinds of goodies and topped with a generous helping of brisket, it looked wonderful! You cant go wrong here, great food, great prices! The power came back on as we were leaving :)

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have passed this place many times going back and forth to the beach, but the timing was never right to stop and eat lunch. On the most recent trip, however, we were able to stop and are glad we did. Two of us ate the BBQ pork sandwiches which were excellent and the other member of the party had the brisket and said it was also very good. The sides were delicious as well. The service was fast, and the food arrived at the table hot and fresh. The price was reasonable. This is definitely a "do-over"

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Decided to try this place as we were in the mood for BBQ and were in Eufaula that night. We live 25 miles away and usually go there when we need to pick up some things at Wally World. Nice little place. Nothing fancy but a good relaxed atmosphere type of place to have a meal. I thought the food was OK, nothing spectacular but decent. My wife thought it was the best she had ever eaten. We got the app fries that have pulled pork and cheese sauce on them. I really liked them and she thought the pork was awesome. She got a chicken plate and I got a combo with brisket, ribs, and chicken. She loved everything on hers, the cornbread was really good. Mine was decent, the ribs were good but didn't have that good smoked flavor I like. The chicken was pretty good but the brisket was chewy and was Texas toast was a little overdone. The sides are really good and the goodies they sell way the counter are good. To me the meat just tasted like it was heated up or cooked I nan oven. But overall it wasn't bad and could just be me as my wife loved it. One thing for sure is they went heavy on the pepper on all the meat. I am not huge on pepper. I like it for seasoning but not in huge amounts. Overall it was a good experience and the staff are very good. We will go back again.

Been to River City BBQ? Share your experiences!