“Closed, Gone, Kaput”

Good for: Local cuisine
Eufaula, Alabama
“Closed, Gone, Kaput”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just another closed restaurant that TA keeps showing as still being open. when it was open, it really helped the local hospital because of all the cases of food poisoning it produced. They were the only one sorry to see it go. I think a health department SWAT team closed it down...or so I heard.

• Visited December 2012

Carrollton, Georgia
“The best seafood”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have eaten here several times over the past several years. I have always had great tasting food and good service. Prices are extremely reasonable and affordable, plus the portions are very generous. I guess you could nitpick the out-dated decor, but this is an old mom and pop place. I am there for the food, not the scenery. Everything you get here is made fresh. They even make their own salad dressings. Being a big seafood fan, if you like fried catfish, oyster, scallops, you are in for a treat! Not greasy at all!! Get there early on the weekend or prepare to wait.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rusty C
Bogart, Georgia
“Don't expect too much, it's got steak and fish but only average quality”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I ate dinner here with another couple. The men had grilled salmon and the women had fried shrimp. The salmon was dry and 'crumbly' while my wife said the shrimp was tough. Also, the food was only warm when served...baked potatoes barely above room temperature. The folks at the table behind us send their potatoes back for 'zapping'. All in all, a decent dinner but we were pretty hungry which made the unremarkable food pretty good.

• Visited June 2012
Abbeville, Alabama, United States
“Desperate facelift needed!”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Desperately needs to be upgraded - carpet to ceilings is past due for replacement. Food used to be the best on the lake but it's hard to get around the surroundings. Service is friendly but again, needs cleaning up.

Visited May 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One amazing place!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been going to the Anchor Inn for years now. Every time I would come to visit my Grandfather, I could assure you the Anchor Inn was the place to go. The food is good - with the fried or grilled catfish, burgers and steaks. This is a great family restaurant and I would recommend this place to anyone at anytime! Give this place a shot and don't be disappointed.

Shout out to the wait staff!!!

• Visited May 2012