“No frozen food served here!”
Review of Cutts

Cutts
Ranked #4 of 88 Restaurants in Enterprise
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Description: If you are craving authentic southern cooking, visit Cutts Restaurant in the Enterprise, AL area. Our family restaurant offers a complete range of your favorite southern dishes. With 46 years of experience, all our menu items are also available for catering. Cutts Restaurant guarantees a delightful dining experience for your family and friends! Cutts Restaurant started out as Cutts Grocery back in March 1967, in Level Plains (pictured above). Hubert and Pearlie Bell Cutts, with their children, Larry and Lou Ellen, bought a full line country store with meat market, gas pumps, groceries and even a barber shop, There weren't many places to eat so the Cutts invented the now famous Cutts Chili Dog, thus beginning Cutts Restaurant. In 1971, the family sold the grocery store in Level Plains and they decided to build some poultry houses. The Cutts opened Cutts Snack Bar in Enterprise in 1972. It was an immediate hit. They expanded their menu to include all sorts of short order sandwiches and side orders. As time went on, Hubert and Pearlie Bell decided to retire. In 1979, Larry and Ellen bought the snack shack. In 1980, they moved the snack bar down the street to its present location. What is now just the kitchen was the entire restaurant. They expanded the menu and operating hours. “Cutts,” as most people call the restaurant, was doing great. In 1987, Larry and Ellen decided to add a large dining room and open a buffet for lunch. It was a hit. The buffet featured country cooking - four meats, 14 vegetables and a lot of desserts. The new dining room seated 160 people In 1992, due to his health, Larry retired. His son Rick, with wife Liane, bought the restaurant - the third generation of Cutts. The parking lot was expanded, new equipment purchased and a catering service launched. Hours expanded from 10AM - 2PM to 8AM - 9PM, including a late breakfast and dinner buffet. The entire family is still heavily involve in the day-to-day operation of the business. (Special photo to the Enterprise Ledger)
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to get good home cooking. The vegetables are NOT frozen and the portions are huge! This is a great place to get good southern home style food at an excellent price. Don't miss this place if you are here.

1  Thank Akaull

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Overall this place was good and had a easy going atmosphere. We went on the weekend so we didn't get the buffet, but it was some good BBQ for a decent price. The pecan pie was awesome, we will be going back.

1  Thank bailywho
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have to admit that I have never eaten at this restaurant but I have had plenty of coconut pies purchased at Cutts. They are absolutely fantastic. Family members who like chocolate say that their chocolate pies are also the best but I'm a huge fan of the coconut. You will savor every bite.

1  Thank Becky052
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My mother and I went to Cutt's restaurant yesterday for lunch. The food was very tasty and very well priced. I understand why the buzz is so great for this restaurant. I would have scored it a 4, but Debra the server and the gentleman at the register surely took a good experience and turned it into a GREAT one. The only way to "get" what I mean is to go see for yourself. I usually do not promise people that they will like what I like, but take a chance and try it for yourself. I did and am angry that I did not go sooner.

2  Thank Chicotah B
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent four days in Enterprise on a business trip. This was the best food in Enterprise. The fried chicken and ham pot pie were very good!

1  Thank lawdawg18