“Excellent Hot Dogs”

Cutts
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Enterprise
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Description: If you are craving authentic southern cooking, visit Cutts Restaurant in the Enterprise, AL area. Our family restaurant offers a complete range of your favorite southern dishes. With 46 years of experience, all our menu items are also available for catering. Cutts Restaurant guarantees a delightful dining experience for your family and friends! Cutts Restaurant started out as Cutts Grocery back in March 1967, in Level Plains (pictured above). Hubert and Pearlie Bell Cutts, with their children, Larry and Lou Ellen, bought a full line country store with meat market, gas pumps, groceries and even a barber shop, There weren't many places to eat so the Cutts invented the now famous Cutts Chili Dog, thus beginning Cutts Restaurant. In 1971, the family sold the grocery store in Level Plains and they decided to build some poultry houses. The Cutts opened Cutts Snack Bar in Enterprise in 1972. It was an immediate hit. They expanded their menu to include all sorts of short order sandwiches and side orders. As time went on, Hubert and Pearlie Bell decided to retire. In 1979, Larry and Ellen bought the snack shack. In 1980, they moved the snack bar down the street to its present location. What is now just the kitchen was the entire restaurant. They expanded the menu and operating hours. “Cutts,” as most people call the restaurant, was doing great. In 1987, Larry and Ellen decided to add a large dining room and open a buffet for lunch. It was a hit. The buffet featured country cooking - four meats, 14 vegetables and a lot of desserts. The new dining room seated 160 people In 1992, due to his health, Larry retired. His son Rick, with wife Liane, bought the restaurant - the third generation of Cutts. The parking lot was expanded, new equipment purchased and a catering service launched. Hours expanded from 10AM - 2PM to 8AM - 9PM, including a late breakfast and dinner buffet. The entire family is still heavily involve in the day-to-day operation of the business. (Special photo to the Enterprise Ledger)
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Even though you'll propably need a GPS to find it, I liked the fact that it was a bit hidden. The staff is warm and welcoming, and the place's got all you would expect from a southern dinner. My boyfriend and I picked the Chili Onions Hod Dogs which was excellent as it felt like they were melting in our mouth. Marvelous as well as the sweet popato fries. I would gladly advice you to go there if you're looking for a typical southern place and good food at a low price.

2  Thank ClementineOF

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was a Saturday and they only do short orders but the burger was great. The waitress filled my tea repeatedly. It was great!!

2  Thank draftteach
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Every small southern city has this place…you just have to find it. We found Cutts and really enjoyed it. My business partner and I pulled up and walked into the nondescript building (don’t let the building fool you). We gathered our trays, ordered our chicken with sides and sat down to enjoy it. This is a simple country food place with about 3 meats a night, great sides, and everything else you expect from the south (yeah I’m a Yankee). I will go back but I need to find out when meatloaf night is!!! Seriously, good simple food…what else can you ask for?

2  Thank ben17a
Reviewed August 3, 2012

If you want to experience Southern food like my country grandma used to make, You can't beet this place. I think every tourist should check it out if they want a true country southern experience. Foods like: BBQ , butter beans, cream corn, corn bread, fried catfish, Dumplings, dressing , sweet tea.

2  Thank SandyAmanda
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Cutts is our favorite "hole in the wall" restaurant in Enterprise, Alabama. If not in ALL of Alabama. Our family has been eating at Cutts for generations!! The chili cheese slaw dog is my absolute favorite!!!! Everything there is clearly made from sctratch!! Love the mac & cheese and coconut pie as well!!!! My husband says they have the best turnip greens around!! If you are visiting you HAVE to go try it. You will not be disappointed. We LOVE LOVE LOVE Cutts Restaurant!!

2  Thank Mindy D