See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 20, 2009

After checking prices through some of the online travel sites, the price they gave me over the phone matched ($55 each for the 2 rooms for the night we were there), so I booked directly. Had my children not been so tired, we would have left and found a different place to stay. Enterprise is a wonderful town...don't ruin your trip by staying here.

~The bed was made up, but looked like someone had been lying on it.
~There was a sticky drink ring on the bedside table.
~There was a smushed dead bug stuck to the wall near the bathroom mirror.
~The furniture was dusty.
~The tub had burn marks (not 100% sure what they were).
~I called the front desk and asked for extra towels. I was told to go find the maid, that she was somewhere on the property. (Are you kidding me?) I looked out my door and did not see anyone, so I called back. I was then told to come to the front desk to get my towels.
~I asked to speak to the manager, and the desk worker seemed to not be able to speak English. Finally, I was told he would call me. That was 2 months ago, and I have yet to hear from them.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Manager00, PR Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2009

The hotel had just changed management and was undergoing a lot of changes and upgrades.

Reviewed October 11, 2008

We booked this motel because of it's proximity to Ft. Rucker and the rates were cheap. But you get what you pay for. The rooms have not been kept to a clean standard. There was a layer of dirt across the clothes rack, hangars, top of credenza, even the plastic wrapped cups had dirt on them.

The carpet had not been cleaned in a long time and had not been thoroughly vacuumed, particularly around the edges of the room. Lots of crumbs and there were 4 dead roaches that hadn't been cleaned up and one live one that got away from me. (At least they seem to be attempting pest control.) The chair in the room was stained and the upholstery hadn't been cleaned probably ever.

The pool had dirt accumulated on the bottom and there were a couple of disgusting blobs floating on top of the water.

I'll never stay there again and don't recommend it.

Stayed: October 2008

Management changed in January 2009

Reviewed July 13, 2008

This property is pretty good overall.
We paid $55.12 (including tax) and that seems about right for what you get. The room itself wasn't very large but it was clean and the bed was decent.
The breakfast wasn't much more than coffee and cereal.
Having said that - the grounds are quite nice. There are two covered sitting areas at each end of the pool and the pool itself is quite nice as well.
There is a bar attached to the motel and the locals tell me they have good karaoke nights there. I'm not sure what that would consist of but I couldn't hear anything at all from my room or outside my room either for that matter.
Overall it is a decent value for the money. I would definitely recommend it for the budget conscious traveller.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Ozcfied
Reviewed May 17, 2008

My wife, daughter and I stayed here on our way to Panama City Beach, FL. When we arrived, the check-in staff was very friendly, and promptly took care of us. Our room was very clean and well stocked. It was quiet and we did hot hear a thing from the very active night club in the parking lot. The place has video surveillance all around, and we never felt unsafe. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Dale T
Reviewed February 28, 2008

This is a nice little hotel for the budget minded traveler. We stayed 2 nights here in late Dec 2007 going into early Jan 2008. The room was very clean and we even had a microwave and fridge, both of which were spotless. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay with basic amenities and a reasonable rate, this is your place! There is a nightclub located at the front of the hotel and it was in full swing when we returned after a late dinner but we didn't hear a thing from our room. I would stay here again and will be, in fact, staying here in the next month or so.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple