“Great beds!”

Hampton Inn Enterprise
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
Reviewed October 14, 2010

We chose Hampton Inn because we stayed here when my husband was first stationed at Fort Rucker. Now two years later I chose it again as we leave to my husbands next duty station. The beds are fantastic, though pillows become flat after a while. Overall this is a great hotel, free breakfast, nice decor, flat screen tv...The breakfast lady is very nice and keeps the breakfast area well stocked and clean. I really have no complaints, except to the person who thought it was a good idea to smoke a cigarette in a non-smoking room and stink up the entire third floor! YUCK! We were on the 3rd floor and we have a 5 year old so I do feel bad about any noise he caused, but we try to keep him off the floor. It's not hard to walk heavy footed though and I always give people the benefit of the doubt when we have a lower floor room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 6, 2010

I am a frequent traveler do to my job and thereforre, have stayed in many hotels. Initially I was leary of staying in a hotel in a small town. Past experiences have not been great for me in small towns. I selected the Hampton Inn because of its proximity to my family's house and because it is one of the newer hotels in town. The reward point threshold is very low which made the stay more appealing since I booked a reward night. Upon check-in, the front desk attendant, Tammy, was very friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. When I went up to my room, I was shocked to find it had not been cleaned (dirty towels on floor, bed unmade, trash in bathroom). I immediately returned to the front desk to let Tammy know of the situation. She immediately apologized and changed my room. I was in a king room and was pleased that it had both a microwave and mini fridge. My second room was clean and tidy. I would stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This hotel was quite nice for small town Hampton Inn standards....check in was good although the desk clerk was a bit weary looking...the room was excellent and had everything we needed....breakfast was great and check out no problem....several restaurants within walking distance were a plus...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I reserved a room at this Hampton Inn because it was located at the halfway point in my road trip and the rates were extremely reasonable. Due to car issues I was forced to stay an additional day. Well...what a wonderful place to be stranded!

First of all, let me stress that this Hampton lives up to my high standards. The bedding was crisp white and clean as usual - which is why I ONLY stay at Hamptons. Once I read about the icky stuff they find on the comforters and bedspreads in other hotels I refused to stay anywhere but at Hamptons where all of the bedding is washed every time. The bed...well, let's just say that I ALWAYS sleep wonderfully in Cloud 9 bedding! If you haven't tried a Hampton before, you really need to. Someday when I finally settle down in one place I will be buying one of these mattressees. The rest of the room was squeaky clean, too, which is important because I'm somewhat of a neat freak.

So, besides the clean room and comfy bed, the reason I am more than happy to be stranded here is the Inn's close proximity to incredible food. NOT an exaggeration. Last night I arrived here a bit late and barely made it to the German restaurant right across the Inn's driveway before it closed. They happily let me in and welcomed me! The place is called Schnitzelhaus and the food tasted just like it did when I was stationed in Germany! I had the schnitzel and a bratwurst - REAL schnitzel and REAL bratwurst. Which makes sense because they were actually German. : )

I had several of the wonderfully friendly and cheerful girls at the registration desk mention a place to eat called the Mellow Mushroom. They had good reason to highly recommend it. Forget Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, or anywhere else. This place has unbelievably delicious pizza and I was able to create my own spring mix salad with thick bacon and fresh mozzarella. It was so fantastic that I looked up other locations online to see if they are located where I'm moving to (they do!). The Mellow Mushroom also delivers directly to the room which is very convenient since I took a nap and had a serious case of bed head and didn't feel like leaving my room!

I only have two complaints and they aren't major. First of all, someone mentioned the noise from above...I also noticed it. It sounded like there was an elephant tap dancing up there. But once I put my ear plugs in, I fell sound asleep and didn't hear a thing again until the tap dance began again the next morning. Secondly, there isn't a refrigerator...which I knew when I booked the room but didn't pay attention to because I figured I wouldn't need it. I just didn't expect to be stranded here. Filling the ice bucket to keep my drinks cold is getting old and I have some of that wonderful pizza left over (although it was delicious enough to eat the entire thing, it just isn't possible!) and I'm trying to remember how long I've left pizza sit out before and eaten it without dying.

All in all, I will definitely stay in this Hampton again should my travels take me wandering through the area again. I would even go as far as an hour out of my way to stay here. Really. I would. Summary: clean...cheerful...wonderful food in the area....good deal.

P.S. The tap dancing elephant upstairs must have left this morning. I actually haven't heard a sound in hours...no dancing, no laughter, no slamming doors, NOTHING. Maybe the world ended while I was eating that wonderful food...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank tropicaldaze
Reviewed December 26, 2008

This hotel is an absolute gem! I think it's only a few years old, and everything is in new, perfect condition. We paid using Hilton Honors points at the very low price of 7,500 points a night, and I think I know why it was so low -- not only is Enterprise a smallish town, but the hotel is sort of hidden in the back of a shopping center, with no signs advertising it that we could see from the main road at all. It didn't appear to have much business in our three nights there, and it certainly wasn't due to it being a bad place to stay. I think it must lose business due to no one knowing it's back there, but that worked to our advantage with a lovely 7,500 points a night rate (by comparison, the nearby town of Dothan charges 25,000 points a night at its Hampton Inn, if memory serves).

But back to the hotel. It was lovely. The beds were comfy with four big, fluffy pillows per bed. There was wifi AND a port to connect directly to the Net for more security (though the wifi had a password that changes every Monday, so that was more secure than many hotels). The free breakfast was the best I've ever seen at a hotel -- not only was there a different (though small) choice of hot foods each morning, but there was a wide array of other items that were all good quality -- the cheese Danish, bagels and muffins were fab! There was also cereal, yogurt, nutri-grain bars, fresh fruit, fresh juice and coffee, and for those on the run, a packed brown-bag breakfast that you could take with you (I think it had water, a cereal bar, danish, fruit and something else).

I needed to use a printer, and the business center had a good computer and printer (though the ink was acting up and that really needed to be replaced).

The one downside was that we left one morning just before 11 a.m., thinking that surely the maid would come back by to do our room up as it wasn't that late. But she didn't; it was a bit disappointing to come back to our lovely room and see the trash still full, the beds unmade and no fresh towels. Later in our journey (we went to a few cities and stayed at a few hotels), we did learn to call the front desk if we didn't remove the "do not disturb" sign until mid-morning and ask for maid service, and that's what we should have done here. So it's not really a complaint against Hampton Inn, though I do still think that the maid should've checked back at the room around noon (especially since we counted less than a dozen cars in the lot, so there couldn't have been that many rooms to do up).

All in all, this was a wonderful place and has sold me on staying at Hampton Inns!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Newsgal36
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Visited the Enterprise Hampton Inn on business for 3 nights and had an overall very good experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but the bathtub water regulator handle was loose and came off in my hand. Maintenance fixed the handle the next day, all I had to do was to leave the handle on the bathtub rim. when I came back the next afternoon it was fixed and I didn't even have to call the front desk. Good response by staff.

There was some kind of gunk on the iron that nearly ruined my white shirt - just before a business meeting - but I was able to wash the cuff and iron it dry before abject panic set in. :)

The only real complaint I had was that the breakfast was not up to par with other Hampton Inns that I have been to. The hot main dish was watery (scrambled eggs), or not particularly tasty.

Service was good at the front desk and the lobby was comfortable and pleasant for waiting.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton for only one night but I found the property to be in very good shape. The lobby was spotless and the room was well cleaned. Check in was quick and friendly.
I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TKE1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Best Western Plus Circle Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Enterprise
Holiday Inn Express Enterprise
Candlewood Suites Enterprise
Hampton Inn Ozark
Hampton Inn Ozark
#1 of 6 in Ozark
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark

Been to Hampton Inn Enterprise? Share your experiences!