“Weary Wilma”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
Knoxville
“Weary Wilma”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This hotel was quite nice for small town Hampton Inn standards....check in was good although the desk clerk was a bit weary looking...the room was excellent and had everything we needed....breakfast was great and check out no problem....several restaurants within walking distance were a plus...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2010

I reserved a room at this Hampton Inn because it was located at the halfway point in my road trip and the rates were extremely reasonable. Due to car issues I was forced to stay an additional day. Well...what a wonderful place to be stranded!

First of all, let me stress that this Hampton lives up to my high standards. The bedding was crisp white and clean as usual - which is why I ONLY stay at Hamptons. Once I read about the icky stuff they find on the comforters and bedspreads in other hotels I refused to stay anywhere but at Hamptons where all of the bedding is washed every time. The bed...well, let's just say that I ALWAYS sleep wonderfully in Cloud 9 bedding! If you haven't tried a Hampton before, you really need to. Someday when I finally settle down in one place I will be buying one of these mattressees. The rest of the room was squeaky clean, too, which is important because I'm somewhat of a neat freak.

So, besides the clean room and comfy bed, the reason I am more than happy to be stranded here is the Inn's close proximity to incredible food. NOT an exaggeration. Last night I arrived here a bit late and barely made it to the German restaurant right across the Inn's driveway before it closed. They happily let me in and welcomed me! The place is called Schnitzelhaus and the food tasted just like it did when I was stationed in Germany! I had the schnitzel and a bratwurst - REAL schnitzel and REAL bratwurst. Which makes sense because they were actually German. : )

I had several of the wonderfully friendly and cheerful girls at the registration desk mention a place to eat called the Mellow Mushroom. They had good reason to highly recommend it. Forget Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, or anywhere else. This place has unbelievably delicious pizza and I was able to create my own spring mix salad with thick bacon and fresh mozzarella. It was so fantastic that I looked up other locations online to see if they are located where I'm moving to (they do!). The Mellow Mushroom also delivers directly to the room which is very convenient since I took a nap and had a serious case of bed head and didn't feel like leaving my room!

I only have two complaints and they aren't major. First of all, someone mentioned the noise from above...I also noticed it. It sounded like there was an elephant tap dancing up there. But once I put my ear plugs in, I fell sound asleep and didn't hear a thing again until the tap dance began again the next morning. Secondly, there isn't a refrigerator...which I knew when I booked the room but didn't pay attention to because I figured I wouldn't need it. I just didn't expect to be stranded here. Filling the ice bucket to keep my drinks cold is getting old and I have some of that wonderful pizza left over (although it was delicious enough to eat the entire thing, it just isn't possible!) and I'm trying to remember how long I've left pizza sit out before and eaten it without dying.

All in all, I will definitely stay in this Hampton again should my travels take me wandering through the area again. I would even go as far as an hour out of my way to stay here. Really. I would. Summary: clean...cheerful...wonderful food in the area....good deal.

P.S. The tap dancing elephant upstairs must have left this morning. I actually haven't heard a sound in hours...no dancing, no laughter, no slamming doors, NOTHING. Maybe the world ended while I was eating that wonderful food...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank tropicaldaze
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 26, 2008

This hotel is an absolute gem! I think it's only a few years old, and everything is in new, perfect condition. We paid using Hilton Honors points at the very low price of 7,500 points a night, and I think I know why it was so low -- not only is Enterprise a smallish town, but the hotel is sort of hidden in the back of a shopping center, with no signs advertising it that we could see from the main road at all. It didn't appear to have much business in our three nights there, and it certainly wasn't due to it being a bad place to stay. I think it must lose business due to no one knowing it's back there, but that worked to our advantage with a lovely 7,500 points a night rate (by comparison, the nearby town of Dothan charges 25,000 points a night at its Hampton Inn, if memory serves).

But back to the hotel. It was lovely. The beds were comfy with four big, fluffy pillows per bed. There was wifi AND a port to connect directly to the Net for more security (though the wifi had a password that changes every Monday, so that was more secure than many hotels). The free breakfast was the best I've ever seen at a hotel -- not only was there a different (though small) choice of hot foods each morning, but there was a wide array of other items that were all good quality -- the cheese Danish, bagels and muffins were fab! There was also cereal, yogurt, nutri-grain bars, fresh fruit, fresh juice and coffee, and for those on the run, a packed brown-bag breakfast that you could take with you (I think it had water, a cereal bar, danish, fruit and something else).

I needed to use a printer, and the business center had a good computer and printer (though the ink was acting up and that really needed to be replaced).

The one downside was that we left one morning just before 11 a.m., thinking that surely the maid would come back by to do our room up as it wasn't that late. But she didn't; it was a bit disappointing to come back to our lovely room and see the trash still full, the beds unmade and no fresh towels. Later in our journey (we went to a few cities and stayed at a few hotels), we did learn to call the front desk if we didn't remove the "do not disturb" sign until mid-morning and ask for maid service, and that's what we should have done here. So it's not really a complaint against Hampton Inn, though I do still think that the maid should've checked back at the room around noon (especially since we counted less than a dozen cars in the lot, so there couldn't have been that many rooms to do up).

All in all, this was a wonderful place and has sold me on staying at Hampton Inns!

• Liked — Beautiful condition, lovely decor, everything clean and new
  • Disliked — No real complaints
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Newsgal36
ATL
Reviewed December 28, 2007

Visited the Enterprise Hampton Inn on business for 3 nights and had an overall very good experience. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, but the bathtub water regulator handle was loose and came off in my hand. Maintenance fixed the handle the next day, all I had to do was to leave the handle on the bathtub rim. when I came back the next afternoon it was fixed and I didn't even have to call the front desk. Good response by staff.

There was some kind of gunk on the iron that nearly ruined my white shirt - just before a business meeting - but I was able to wash the cuff and iron it dry before abject panic set in. :)

The only real complaint I had was that the breakfast was not up to par with other Hampton Inns that I have been to. The hot main dish was watery (scrambled eggs), or not particularly tasty.

Service was good at the front desk and the lobby was comfortable and pleasant for waiting.

• Liked — Comfortable Rooms
  • Disliked — Breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton for only one night but I found the property to be in very good shape. The lobby was spotless and the room was well cleaned. Check in was quick and friendly.
I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Liked — price and cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TKE1
Jax, FL
Reviewed August 16, 2007

We are Hilton Diamond members due to my husband's working environment. This helps us a great deal when we decide to go on personal vacations. Recently, we have been using points to stay at hotels, and the Enterprise Hampton is one of Hilton’s lowest point levels (7,500) so we decided to give it a try. Enterprise itself is a great little city and most of the town is incredibly friendly, but there is one lady in particular that is not so friendly. She works at this Hampton. I didn’t take my husbands name when I married, and personally, that is no one’s business but mine. But this woman decided to judge me right from the start. When we made reservations here, I arrived first in a separate car; he had added my name to the reservation so that there wouldn’t be any difficulty when I checked in. That didn’t seem to matter to her, as she scrutinized my ID as if I were a criminal. The man that checked in before me was given a pleasant attitude with a smile and had no trouble at all. I was given a smile until I gave the reservation name, then she seemed to change quickly. Because my name was different than the man’s name on the reservation it was automatically assumed by this woman that I was, well I’m sure you can imagine. The smile disappeared, as did the eye contact. I was given rude service and a difficult check-in, unusual for me considering the normally above average level of attention due to the diamond status. I believe that working in this business, personal judging should be left at home and not brought to the check-in desk. Even if I were not married to this man, I would be horrified at the way I was made to feel by the check-in clerk at this hotel. It was completely unacceptable.

• Liked — Brand new hotel
  • Disliked — the african american front desk lady.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank hiltonlover07
Alabama
Reviewed August 5, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn 3 August - 5 August 07. My family and I have always tried to stay in a Hampton Inn when we travel because we think they have the best service and the nicest facilities as well as a great breakfast. This Hampton Inn was very nice, but I don't think they are living up to the Hampton INN quality that we have come to expect. First of all, our keys had to be rekeyed because they did not work when we tried to get in our room, our room had a light bulb that was flickering when we turned it on making me feel like I was in a disco. We took it out and switched it with another bulb from a different lamp. There was trash in one of the cupboards in the kitchen, there was only one trash can when there was suppose to be two, and there was running above us at all hours of the night which made it very hard to sleep. Also, someone decided to cut the grass at 7:00 in the morning right outside our window. When I stopped on my way out to go to the bathroom in the lobby there wasn't any working lights. I asked the hotel clerk what happen to the lights and she stated that the Maintenance man had shut off the circuit to the lights because he had to go the store and purchase some more bulbs. I can understand having to replace lights, but to shut off all the lights I thought that was a little too much. I had to go to the bathroom in the dark and I mean pitch black dark. I really feel that this Hampton INN does not live up to its predessors, and hope they will strive to do better in the future.

Stayed August 2007
3 Thank debnick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Fairfield Inn & Suites Enterprise
Best Western Plus Circle Inn
Candlewood Suites Enterprise
Holiday Inn Express Enterprise
Hampton Inn Ozark
Hampton Inn Ozark
#1 of 6 in Ozark
Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark

Been to Hampton Inn Enterprise? Share your experiences!