“Sorry they closed”
Review of Cock of the Walk - CLOSED

Cock of the Walk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 13, 2014

On Saturday went to CotW to eat and, sadly, they have closed. The sign on the door doesn't give an explanation, just says closed. I enjoyed eating here and, other than one experience, have always received great service. With so few options for nicer restaurants in Enterprise I really hate to see them close!

1  Thank ForeverYoung1988

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We came right after work for dinner and found just a few others there. Our waitress was impressive in that she didn't have to write down our orders...she remembered it all. The salad was frozen, we sent it back and didn't want to try any more. the excuse was the chiller is acting up. The food was too greasy for us and eating off prospector's tin place settings didn't float our boat. The facility itself is not bad, however, it still needs something to draw you in.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great Food and Terrible Service !!
Not to take anything away from the restaurant, but the server I had was clueless as to what she was doing. Looking around, there were other better servers (however young). I knew my experience was going to bad quickly, just from the introduction from my server. She talked in almost a whisper and could not understand. I requested a beer and a glass of water – got a beer (no water the whole experience). Ordered the ½ dozen oysters on the shell – warm with ice on side of tray, no napkin or utensils – got up and went to bar and got it myself – the bartender was confused as to why I did not have this, he did not take action.
Ordered Feather Sampler – Grilled. The server never asked what side I wanted. After a while, I looked back at the menu to see if I was even offered sides. I stopped the server and told her I would like the backed sweet potato. Then two minutes later, I receive my entrée, all FRIED and Fried Fries. I told the server I had ordered the entrée Grilled (which I knew was more $). Later, I received the entrée grilled w/sweet potato, but no other required sides (flat bread, pickled onion, coleslaw, etc.). I stopped the server again and asked for the required sides, however she continued serving and providing checks to everyone. By the time I finished my entrée, there were never any sides. Never brought my check.
I up and walked to the front, requested my check, paid and tipped little – for effort.
Food was Good, yet server killed the experience – recommend GM to be better in selective hiring.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We were staying at the Hampton Inn across the street. Since we checked in late we just wanted to eat in our room. When we drove in we noticed that there was a new COTW that had opened since we were there last. We've eaten at other COTW locations before and decided it would be better than eating fast food or pizza. We found their menu on line. They don't deliver so we decided to try the take out service. They offer a very nice variety of selections. We got the appetizer combo: fried dill pickles and onion rings with a dipping sauce. They were lightly breaded and delicious. We ordered the red feather sampler to split. It had generous portions of shrimp, catfish, oysters, chicken breast, fries and hush puppies. Also had sides of slaw, pickled onions and cornbread. The breading was light and all were very tasty especially the chicken. It was very moist and one of the most tender I've eaten. They packed everything up in a nice carry out bag that included the plates, napkins, etc. Everything was as we expected and we had so much we couldn't finish it all. Our meals ended up costing us less then ordering a pizza at the place next door. I hope we can arrive in town earlier the next time so we can go and enjoy a sit down meal inside.

1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We really had a good time at dinner. Had resisted going to this restaurant based on others' reviews. We went and had mostly appetizers. Try the fried pickles potato logs and fried oysters. Also had an entrée of grilled shrimp with all the bottomless fixings. Our server was very attentive and we never went without refills of anything. Four of us ate all we wanted for $37. I would recommend trying the appetizers over the entrées as the portion sizes are pretty close. I can see where some of the bad reviews based on the entrées would come from.