“Do not waste the gasoline.”
Review of Cock of the Walk - CLOSED

Cock of the Walk
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Let me begin first by saying that the hostess was a complete nasty slob. She was rude to my wife before we even sat down. Needless to say, we did not stay here for lunch. I have had better service from a gas station.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The freebie starters, Coleslaw (wonderfully made) and Cornbread (also delicious) are so good, it is tempting to eat that and then go home for a nap. I've had the grilled shrimp, the chicken tenders, the fried catfish. All have been good. I think the catfish may be my favorite. Gonna try that shrimp po-boy next time I go. Love the cheese grits, too!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Okay let me explain. They serve your drink in this very thin camp size tin (aluminum) cup. The drink gets so cold that when you do take a sip, your lips stick to the rim of the cup. The meals are served in the same type plate without any lining. When your fork and knife cut on the tin it makes a creepy (nails down the chalkboard) feel. The food was not good. I ordered the crab claws. They were inconsistent. Some were tender while others were tough. I would not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Where to start.... 2 large tables arrived after our family of four & 15 minutes later they were all served drinks - no one had even spoken to us after the hostess seated us. We stayed a few more minutes, then left. I casually mentioned it to the 2 hostesses on the way out, but neither apologized, seemed concerned or tried to change our mind. The children's menu items all cost $9, and there are hefty charges to split meals. (I have a 3 and 4 year old who wouldn't even eat all of one meal even if I did split it.)

1  Thank ArielleHGordon
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very excited for a new restaraunt in Enterprise. This town lacks anything that resembles a decent restaraunt. Walked in to notice the place has not really changed much from the Mexican restaraunt that it used to be except for some pictures of other Cock of the Walk restaraunts throughout the south. The lights were flourescent which in my mind is terrible for any restaraunt but good for a prison cafeteria.Typical wooden tables and chairs throughout the floor. Plastic menus which we all thought were to be used as placemats. Tin cups for drinks, camping anyone?
Ordered the dozen grilled shrimp ( everything else if fried or fried) and while they did not taste bad they were very small and served with 2 twice cooked ( used old ones and just re-dipped and fried to make new) hushpuppies. The sides were pickled onions and very small portion of coleslaw. the price tag??? $23.00. Way overpriced due to the shrimp being very very small. Friend ordered medium well steak which she could barely eat because 1. undercooked 2. Not good taste. Over all I feel this place will close in 6 months and I will not be returning.

1  Thank Bear73Alabama