“Home away from home”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
Springfield, Virginia
“Home away from home”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The facility was newer. Rooms were large and beds were comfortable. WIFI. Fully stocked kitchen. Laundry was available at no cost-just bring your own soap. The pool was just outside the laundry/fitness center. You could check the load between laps. 2 BBQ grills were available for outdoor cooking which were under a pavilion again just steps from the main lobby (Just out the back). On Wednesday night, the staff cooked dinner for the hotel guests! What a great group of employees! Small downside was cost cutting energy feature. During the time out of the room, the air conditioning would cut off- walking into the warm room was an unpleasant surprise.

Room Tip: The third floor had lots of hot water. First floor complained about having limited hot water.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review for Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. I will most definitely pass on to the entire team all the good things you had to say about them. We all try to make sure that all of our guests feel comfortable and at home when they're here with us. I'm glad it worked for you.

I would also like to thank you for pointing out the a/c issue. I will most definitely look into trying to find a way to take care of that as we don't want out guests feeling discomfort when they walk in.

I hope that if you're in the Enterprise, AL area again - you'll stay with us here at Candlewood Suties. We'd love for you to again, "Consider us Home"!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Acworth
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Be aware of the cancellation policy. Clean and restful with a friendly, professional staff. Would not hesitate to recommend to you and would not hesitate to reserve for myself again. Enterprise is not large enough to worry about getting anywhere in town from this location.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are the quietest, no one above you!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. I am very glad that you had a good stay with us. All of the team here at Candlewood Suites want our guests to feel comfortable and taken care of. We realize that it's tough being away from home so we want your stay with us to be as close to home as possible.

I hope that if you're in the Enterprise, AL area again - you'll come visit us here at Candlewood Suites again.
ellijay
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you are going on the weekend, make reservations. We went and was originally going to stay at Holiday Inn, but they were full. So I ask the desk clerk if there was any other hotels in the area that i could stay at to get points, she said Dothan was the closest. so I got my Priority card out and my smart phone and found Candlewood. They had one room left, I ask Michelle to hold it for me. The staff was really nice, the room was clean.

We had room 131, which was on the end of the wing, it was pretty quite, you could hear the kids at the pool, but not loud. we got there Thursday night and was kinda wanting to sleep a little late, but was awaken by the landscaping crews outside, pretty loud.
Parking there was good not crowded at all.
The bad things was I would have liked a continental breakfast, but they had no breakfast at all, I ask the front desk if there was breakfast she said "no because there was kitchenettes in the room". So we went to Huddle House up the road.
Second bad thing was, there was only about 10 or 15 channels on TV, granted we didn't go to watch TV but it would have been nice to have more variety.
The kinda unusual thing was, you had to have your room key to get into the little store for the chips, ice cream and coffee, the coffee was free.
If you stay here and are going to FT Rucker, the easiest path is turn left from the hotel, about 3 or 4 miles turn right at Walgreens, that road will take you straight to the gate, once you're on this road lookout for coyotes and deer.

Room Tip: Room 131 is kinda quite and easy access.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ellijay1
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to visit us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. I'm glad you found your room clean and the staff friendly.

I'd like to apologize for your misunderstanding regarding our breakfast. We do offer a breakfast - it's just for purchase in our Candlewood Cupboard, which is where you discussed purchasing the other items. We do not have vending machines on property, as to keep it more quiet so the experience our guests have when staying with us is more like home. I'll make sure to look at the television in that room to see if there is an issue with the channel selection as we have several channels and I just want to make sure that this issue doesn't happen again.

We here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL strive to make sure all of our guests, whether they are here for 1 night or 100 nights, have an enjoyable experience. I'll most definitely pass along the positive comments and use the others as learning tools to pass on to my team to make sure they make all of our guests aware of all we have to offer.

I hope that if you're in the area again, that you'll stay with us again at Candlewood Suites, where we'd like you to "Consider us home"!
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed August 17, 2013

a few of us spent 6 weeks at this hotel for some training at fort Rucker. of all the hotels ive been to, this was by far the best hotel and staff. we got to know each of the front desk staff members by name, they would come hang out with our group just for fun and yet were still very professional. Every wednesday they cooked dinner for the entire hotel - and not just easy finger foods; they would cook us goulash, and pork chops, etc. One person was vegetarian, but the staff made sure to have an extra vegetarian friendly dish so that that one person could enjoy dinner too. The staff - Misty, kassie, stacey, etc were like an extended family to us during our 6 weeks there.
Because this is a long term stay hotel, they are only scheduled to clean your room once a week. However, if you request, they are very accommodating and will clean ur room again during the week should you need it. Also, because this is Alabama, there are tons of bugs outside. The first day i had some bugs in my room and i let the front desk know. they apologized, and said they'd spray the room. I have not had any issues since then. They took everything i said seriously and was quick to fix anything.
They actually go above and beyond what is expected of a hotel - for example, they have a grill outside and my friends and i were grilling but realized we had no condiments. We asked the front desk just to see if they had it, and they did! they let us borrow the grilling equipment, use their condiments, and even gave us some drinks.
All in all i had a blast at the hotel. Alabama isnt the most exciting place to go, but this was like a little hidden gem in the middle of nowhere. If i ever go to alabama again, this is where i will stay, no question.

Misty, stacey, kassie, if youre reading this, we want you to know we miss you!

- "the ladies"

Room Tip: if youre going as TDY military, make sure you let the front desk know and give them tax exemption pa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you so much for all of the kinds words said about Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL. We truly strive to make sure that every guest has an amazing experience here with us and I am so pleased to know that our "mission was accomplished" with you and your group! We here at Candlewood Suites know that it's tough being away from home for such extended periods of time and like to make sure that our guests "Consider Us Home"!

If you're in the Enterprise or Ft. Rucker area again - please make sure to come back and visit with us at Candlewood Suites........We'd love to welcome you "home" again!!!

All of us here miss "you ladies"!
Aliso Viejo, California
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is not convenient location for fort rucker. Also they didn't have my reservation correct I asked for 2 queens got 1 had to share a bed with my mom, and the room was smelly and not clean. If you must stay there get there early the road there Boll weevil is pitch black. Then you can check the room for cleanliness. Find a chain in Dothan. Dothan has a Cracker Barrel.

Room Tip: Find something in Dothan
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
I'd like to apologize for your visit with us at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL not being the experience you desired. We truly strive that every guest that stays at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL have an enjoyable stay and feel comfortable and as at home as you can when you're away from your own home. Falling short is a concern for us and I do appreciate you taking the time to bring it to my attention.

Again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you had while with us and I will take your comments and use them as training tools with my team to make sure that situations like this do not happen again. I hope that you will give us another opportunity here at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, AL to give you the amazing service you, and all of our guests deserve.
Dupont, Washington
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We spent over 100 days at this hotel and the staff made each of those days feel as though we were at home. They even cooked us dinner every Wednesday night. We highly recommend this hotel. We will stay here again whenever we are close to Enterprise.

Best wishes to Misty and her staff - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: All floors were good. I'd recommend not staying next to the gym as I sometimes cranked the TV u...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for rating us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL! We appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to let us know how we're doing! I am glad that the team at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL made you feel as you were at home! We strive to make sure all of our guests feel that way and it's nice to know that we're accomplishing our goals! It's nice to hear that when your travels bring you back to the Enterprise, AL area - that you'll be staying with us here at Candlewood Suites! We'll most definitely welcome you back "home"! You're definitely missed!

Thanks you to your and your family for the best wishes - I will most defintely pass them along to the entire team!
Mobile, AL
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Normally I wait until I am in the hotel at least a night to right a review. This hotel, without a shadow of a doubt has the thinnest walls and ceilings I have ever experienced in 6 years of traveling for business. You can see the hotel was cheaply constructed. I sit in my room attempting to do school work and can hear the tv in the room to the left and someone above me is pacing and it sounds like they are coming through the ceiling. A couple of guys were talking in the hall a minute ago and you would have thought I had the door open. When the rooms above flush, you catch yourself looking up as if you are going to see water coming throught ceiling. THERE IS NO SOUND INSULATION IN THE WALLS OR CEILING!

I cannot remember staying in the Candlewood before, however this will be the last time. This was not my first choice, but several other hotels that I attempted to stay in were completely booked.

The room is spacious and has all of the amenities you would expect and the price was reasonable. However the noise level is not acceptable.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Misty F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Enterprise, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I'd like to apologize for your visit with Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL not being what you expected. We do strive for all of our guests that stay with us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL to have the most enjoyable stay that can when they're away from home. The fact that we fell short where you're concerned is not what we want.

I am, however, glad that you found the rooms spacious, amenities as expected, and that we were reasonably priced.

Again, I do apologize for your stay with us being less than you expected and deserved. Also, I'd like to thank you for taking your time and bringing the issues you had to my attention so that I can get them to the proper people to handle the shortcomings you experienced. I'd like to use your comments and concerns as training tools for the future so that you, and/or other guests that stay with us here at Candlewood Suites, Enterprise, AL, do not experience the same issues and will receive the "WOW" type of service that you deserve and that we look forward to giving.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Fairfield Inn & Suites Enterprise
#8 of 8 in Enterprise
Hampton Inn Ozark
Hampton Inn Ozark
#1 of 6 in Ozark

Been to Candlewood Suites Enterprise? Share your experiences!