“Great Stay - Solid value for budget trip”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites- Enterprise
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Enterprise
tallahassee
“Great Stay - Solid value for budget trip”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I chose this hotel for it's rates and reviews. The staff was always smiling and helpful. The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was on top of things like the need for towels even before we had a chance to ask! The pool was clean and refreshing (although a bit chilly!). Free continental breakfast was good too, no complaints. I really feel like I got a good deal on this hotel from Hotels.com. Staff at the front desk went out of their way to help us out in suggesting some local attractions and restaurants for our little ones.
Expectations: Exceeded! We will be returning to this hotel if we ever visit Enterprise again.

Room Tip: Rooms: Try to get a room facing the pool side in the middle bldg.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank bibbdavid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle
Reviewed September 13, 2011

So in at the end of summer 2011 I decided that my Big Road Trip of the year would be a big ol loop in The South, from Memphis down the Great River Road to New Orleans and then meandering through Florida and the like. In this case, I was heading for the Boll Weevil Monument, a statue in honor of the insect that had done so much - good and bad - to change the face of the South. As it was getting late, I opted for the Americas Best Value Inn in Enterprise Alabama

For starters, the motel is located near tons of food and some strip mall shopping. I'm not sure if that's what you came to Enterprise for, but if you did, the motel is for you! Also, it's only a few miles away from the Boll Weevil Monument! That surely has the be worth some points!

And it's cheap too! The single room ran me about 55 bucks after taxes and whatnot. Considering that Motel Six is pushing north of sixty for a whole lot less amenities, that's a pretty sweet deal. The room was fairly large and very clean. Also, the water pressure in the shower is pretty good with a fast response time on the hot/cold water.

So far so good right? Here's a couple of neither good nor bad bullet points:

There is a pool, but I didn’t actually use it - so I cant comment one way or the other. The motel did have that distinct Motel Smell, but since many motels I stay at have The Motel Smell, I won't hold it against them. Oh and a pad of paper in room would have been nice.

Like I said, no points off here, just noting it for the curious reader.

Meanwhile on the bad side of things -
The motel needs more lamps in the room. Mine had lots of room and only a couple of lamps to light the whole thing. Also, I was pretty quickly able to tune it out - but there is some Trucks and highway noise to be heard from the room. It didn’t bother me much, but the light sleeper should beware! Oh and speaking of things to beware of - the toilet paper is like sandpaper! Yikes! Seriously, do not wipe your bum here! Oh yeah, and there's no in-room clock/radio, so don’t forget your travel alarm!

Lastly, and this might be the deal breaker for some - the bed was pretty mushy and soft. Those preferring a nice, firm mattress might be out of luck.

All in all, the room was exactly what I expected - not very fancy but reasonably comfortable. Should I find myself at the alter of the Boll Weevil again, I would consider staying here once more.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Tardis-Geek
Umesh P, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites- Enterprise, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your stay with us. We do have clocks in all our rooms; however, someone must have taken the one from your room. If you had called us, we would have been happy to provide one for you.

There is not much we can do about the highway noise and everybody that stays here seems to love our brand new bedding. We just recently ordered pen and pad for the night stands.

We appreciate your business and certainly hope you will stay with us again soon.

Management
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This is a newly renovated motel. All hotels are ground level with drive-up access.
Our room was very clean, though small. We had one King bed with a wonderful pillowtop mattress. The Tv is newer and there is a mini-fridge, microwave, and LAN line. The staff is very nice and they will clean your room every day. On top of that, if you hang the Do Not Disturb sign up, they won't enter your room. yes, I know that is what you would expect but this is the first hotel I have stayed at where they respected it. We just didn't feel like they needed to clean it everyday if we were staying another night.
Continental breakfast is cereal, fruit, microwave sausage biscuits, muffins, and your general breakfast beverages. Pretty decent for the price. Carpets, linens, bathrooms etc were all CLEAN.

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Awesome hotel! Very clean nice rooms. Big TV. Nice size fridge and microwave. The service was great. The man that has checked me in for the last 3 days is very very nice. Highly recommend!

Spring Hill
Reviewed April 27, 2011

The Gentleman at the front desk is friendly and very accommodating. We stayed one night previous to this date and the service was just as good. That is why we are back again , We will continue to return and also pass this info to all our other Fiends and Colleagues......
Thanks for all your kindness & Helpfulness.

Sharon Springs, Kansas
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Lived up to the name of best value for the price. Nice room with fridge, Microwave, decent breakfast.

Sharon Springs, Kansas
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Great bed, Friendly reception, helpful host. Nicely updated room in an older motel in a quiet off the highway location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Best Western Plus Circle Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
Hampton Inn Enterprise
#1 of 8 in Enterprise
Candlewood Suites Enterprise
Baymont Inn & Suites Ozark
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ozark

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites- Enterprise? Share your experiences!