“Fun”

Ranked #2 of 7 things to do in Elberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Great place to play golf. $35.00 after 3:00. Course is in great shape. Beautiful golf course. I will play this course every time I go to gulf shores on vacation

Visited June 2013

“Try this course!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a golf course, not a resort. Amenities....forget about it. Well maintained, nice layout, fair course. Greens were in very good to excellent condition when I played it on June 7, 2013. I will definitely play again when I return next year.....may not waste my money on any other course. Nice to meet and visit with Norm while there. Check it out.....for a golf course, well worth your time and money!

Visited June 2013
Duson, Louisiana
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great course for a laid back, stress free round.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The guys in my family decided to break our usual rotation of Craft Farms, Kiva Dunes, and the Peninsula one year to give this one a try. We weren't disappointed and it is now one we visit semi-annually. The people are very nice and polite, but the club house is a little bare; all it is is a trailer house. This course was cut out of farmland. This is great for beginners because they went fairly conservative on sand bunkers as compared the rest of the courses in this area. Ditto that for water hazards. There are some elevation changes that will test your ability to judge distance. But overall, the greens are fairly open and inviting. When I play in the summer they are usually plush and healthy. Like I said, if you wan't to just play a little fun golf and not stress about your shot making abilities, this is a course to try. Keep an eye out for the foxes around the 17th green. Also, there are quite a few farmers markets and fresh seafood markets hidden near this course. Be sure to check those out too!

Visited June 2012
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“First time players”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Wife and I decided to try this golf course on recommendation of a lady that we met during the Mardi Gras paradae in Orange Beach. We found a coupon for $39.99 with cart, so decided to play there. We first drove to the course on another road trip to check it first and it did not look too bad from the parking lot. Club house is very, very basic. We played the course on Valentines Day. Not the warmest day, but OK if you are a serious golfer.

Course conditions were OK. Most of the greens were about 1/2 grass and 1/2 dirt showing. They rolled OK though. There were a couple that were decent. Like the layout of the back 9 much better than the front 9. We paid about $45 per round after the taxes and for that price the course was OK. Would not have been happy to pay the full rack rate for this course. $40 with cart is about at the top of the list.

There were quite a few fowl mouthed golfer there around the putting green waiting to tee off and then more on the course. Not young men either, Good Ole Boys that never grew up.

We pretty much waited on every hole but still managed 4:10 round, so pace of play was good. Wife and I were paired with a couple of other snow birds and got lots of good information from them on what golf courses in the area are like. Had a great time with them. We caught the group ahead of us in the clubhouse waiting for there food. They said the snack bar was very, very slow and disorganized. We just grabbed a couple of bags of pretzels.

OK course, but probably will opt to play the nicer courses in the area.

Visited February 2013
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“One out of Two”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Played my first round here in April 2011. I guess it was perfect timing for my friend and I. The course was nearly deserted. we never saw anyone on the back nine and it was a very carefree 18. 10 thumbs up!!!! This past June 2012 my friend and I were hoping to have a repeat. First off the great rate started at 2pm but we arrived a half hour early and even though no one was teeing off for 20 minutes we had to wait until our 2pm tee time. Well we were told we had to start on the back nine this time and it took us close to 4 1/2 hours to play 18 becasue there was a 5 some in front of us which we ended up skipping a hole to get by them and it just seemed like there were slow people everywhere. If we do ever get back we will come back again because it can be a very enjoyable course. I figure the best time would be in the spring when the vacationers aren't out in full force. Give this place a shot and write your own review. i don't believe you will be disapponted but timing is everything.

Visited June 2012