“Decent hotel, nice location, terrible breakfast”
Review of Courtyard Dothan

Courtyard Dothan
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here a week, overall the place was decent but nothing special by any means. Room was a nice size, bed was confortable only in room complaint was the the TV was on Direct TV I think and many of the channels had terrible sound which made them unwatchable.
The breakfast they have is considered a "bistro". Not exactly the best choice for a group in the mornings. Unlike a buffet where you can serve yourself quickly at this place you had to place your order and wait for it to be brought out. If it was something that had to be prepared it took a while. The first mornig when our entire group showed up it took almost 30 minutes to place my order and then recieve my food.
Lots of eating options nearby. There was an Applebys across the parking lot along with a Taco Bell, Baskin Robbins, Burger King and a Mexican place all within easy walking distance. Although I do not recommend the mexican restaurant but that is another review

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Im starting to get really disturbed about the last several courtyards I have stayed. I am a Platinum Member and I get at the bottom treatment. The room had soiled carpet. The air condition had you feeling sticky when you woke up the next morning. I had a spider spend the night with me and some black thing with wings welcomed me home the next day. The towels were dingy with old soil and they placed me right next to an elevator that I could clearly hear everytime it moved. Not Happy...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank angelsdotravel
Reviewed July 23, 2013

do not even try to sit anywhere but your room and have a beer because they will be all over you with that one. every other hotel will allow you to do that but this one. this is the worst I've been to and I have 15 hotel stays a month. So by saying this is the worst it means a lot. do not stay here. stay elsewhere

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed overnight for a golf tournament in Dothan. Public spaces look great, rooms are just OK. And the person checking us in was not warm or friendly at all. In fact, it looked as if we were bothering her when we entered the hotel. Also, they need better signage as the hotel is built behind a clump of sub-par restaurants and retail and entrance to hotel is very hard to find. I will go to a Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn next time I'm in Dothan.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DothanCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. While positive comments are nice, remarks that point to areas that need improvement offer us the best opportunity to exceed future guest's expectations. I am truly sorry that we fell short of what you expected to receive from us. I will be sharing your comments with the staff to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you,

Heather Helms
334-671-3000

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stopped here on our way to Key West for some sleep and let me tell you it was a great night's sleep. Just woke up and the bed is so comfy; still laying in it. We got the last room available- it was handicapped but still worked for us. Very clean and got a great discount using our AAA card!

• Stayed: June 2013
DothanCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your great feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott as well as if your travels bring you back to Dothan in the future we hope that you come back to visit our hotel.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, attractive rooms. Plenty of parking and choices of restaurants. WIFI was complimentary and we had no problem with it being slow. I would recommend for family or business travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna J
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband, parents and I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Dothan, Alabama on the night of Thursday, February 28, 2013. We had stayed once before at this particular Courtyard property and was well-pleased, except for one thing. Both times that we have stayed here, we have come into the property at night and being unfamiliar with Dothan, this Courtyard is very hard to find in the dark, even with a TomTom GPS locator in our automobile. The signage needs to be better for this hotel because it's back behind a Shoney's and another hotel next door tends to obscure the view of this Courtyard.
Otherwise, this particular Courtyard has updated their property with the Bistro concept inside for breakfast and other meals of the day. The rooms were nice and comfortable and everything seemed to be very clean. I am a stickler for cleanliness so when I enter a room I give it the white glove test and generally check a lot of things out before I get too comfortable. This property passed the test.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family