Fairfield Inn Dothan
$124
$119
Hampton.com
$159
All reviewsindoor poolseveral restaurants within walking distancestaff was very friendlythe free continental breakfastroom was cleannice hotelyogurtcheese omeletsafter driving hoursstaff personbusiness triptwo nightslots of restaurantscomfortable staystayed one nightup to datebreakfast bar
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Stayed 3 days in late Feb 08. Hotel is located on Ross Clark Circle, where there are many, many other competitors. Rate was good, hotel was typical. Room itself was quiet and adequately appointed - king bed, desk, reading chair with ottoman. 5 lamps in the room, but only two drawers in dresser. Lots of TV channels, but a very small 19in screen. Wireless access was a plus, but the room lacked attention to detail in cleanliness - tabletops had not been wiped, coffeepot was not clean, and the shower curtain had been left folded at the ends and was (not surprisingly) a little slimy. Breakfast was the biggest surprise - this is a 63 room hotel with a breakfast/lobby area about the size of my living room (15 X 22). 4 tables for 4, 2 tables for 2, one table for one along with a sofa and two armchairs comprised the entire seating area for the dining room/lobby. Maybe 10 feet of counterspace - crammed with really simple continental breakfast fare (not even danish). Just way too many people, with too much stuff of really average quality, all in the same place at the same time.

Lots of restaurants around. Great indoor heated pool. Folks were nice, but it seems they have kids doing the housekeeping at it shows. Cheap, functional, absolutely nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank YorktownTraveler411
Reviewed October 17, 2007

We left at 4:30pm CST from Nashville on a Thursday. We had a college visit scheduled at Florida State University on Friday at 10:00am. We had a reservation in Tallahassee for THursday night, but realized we would get in at 2:00am EDT, so we looked for a good hotel to stay about 2 hours from Tallahassee instead. I consulted tripadvisor and found good review for the Fairfield Inn in Dothan. We cancelled our reservation in Tallahassee for that night and booked the Fairfield inn Dothan. Best room rate we could get was $84. We arrived at 11:30pm. Very small lobby; small everything, in fact. We got to our room at 11:50pm absolutely exhausted. When we got to the room my husband thought the room had a strange odor. My daughter and I did not initially detect it, but after unpacking and undressing for bed, the stench was unmistakably....URINE!!!! I told my family that we probably wouldn't be troubled by it because we would be asleep. WRONG!!!! I was sleeping on the side of the bed nearest the heating/
airconditioning unit, and it was BLOWING the urine smell toward me all night. I was too tired to change rooms at 2:00 am. My fault for not complaining. WHen my husband was checking us out of the hotel at 8:00am, he told the front desk person about this. He had no sympathy since we had not called during the night to complain. He further said
they had never heard that before. HOLY MACKEREL!!! Unless someone had
whizzed into the unit only the night before, this pervasive smell had
to have been there a while. In fact, out clothes and luggage WREAKED of the smell the next night when we unpacked in our next hotel. We did not ask for a refund or reduction in rate or anything, but we did
expect an apology. None was given, and in fact, he treated us as though we were lying. I would NEVER go back to this property. It is obviously a franchise that is not inspected by Marriott very often, if at all.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank cba1956
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I needed an early check-in and arrived 9:00 am, a room was not available but the desk clerk offered me free breakfast while i waited about 30 minutes. i chose to shop instead and he took my cell number and called me when my room was ready.room was clean, bedding great and my stay was perfect. employees
extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Nice hotel with lousy policies and procedures. I returned to my room in the middle of the day to find the door wide open with no staff members in sight. Before leaving the floor, and locking my door, I approached housekeeping staff at the opposite end of the hall, in a room, tv blaring and people laughing and talking. As if the open door wasn't bad enough, the attitude of the housekeeper was shocking and appalling. When I asked the woman to keep my door locked, she devloped an attitude that I have never seen before, especially when she was in the wrong to begin with. She actually got in my face and acted in a threatening manner. She kept repeating to me "you best get out this room!". She had no name tag on and refused to give me her name, so as I turned back to the elevator to get the manager, she literally told me to GET MY [--] OUT OF THERE!
The staff and management (it's a franchised property) refused to tell me how the situation was handled. In my opinion, knowing what polices and procedures a company has in place for customer satisfaction is a plus, but they seem more fearful of a discrimination suit by their employees, then the protection, safety and satisfaction of their PAYING customers ( I disagree with the term "guest", since we pay for their services). Management was very apologetic, comp'd the room, but I immediately checked out, even though I had planned to stay there for several days. Their employee is a liability to the company and the Marriott name, but I seem to be the only one who feels this way. I regret not calling the police, at least I would have been able to find out what actions were taken against this employee.
It's a shame because the hotel is nice and we had planned to return again since we were in town to buy a house and this was our second of many planned visits.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vouvray
Reviewed January 11, 2005

As is usually the case, this Fairfield Inn was very clean and well-maintained. Prices are very reasonable. No whirlpool. Continental Breakfast was typical of most places. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank pinto555