“Nice Break from the 231!”

Fairfield Inn Dothan
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stopped in this hotel again on my way back from inlaws, always neet, clean, smelling good of disinfectant, looking a little dated in the bathrooms but for the price can't complain, bed was comfortable keep up the good work! and horray for the free internet! I am so tired of paying for slow internet! it may have been a little slow but for free it works for me. The night manager put us in a room away from some loud rooms thank you!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 15, 2011

The hotel is older and located a little off the main road. The sign is easily visible on the road but you actually have to weave around and go behind another business before you get to the hotel. Upon checking in Jay was very helpful in identifying a great local restaurant (Hunt’s) and providing directions to the Peanut Festival. That evening the night manager worked on finding us a local beer we could try but had no luck (I don’t think Dothan has any micro brews) and then she later let us able to track us down a bottle opener. The rooms were average, the beds not as soft as other places I have stayed and the towels were a little thin. It was a typical older hotel. Free wireless internet in the rooms and a computer available in the lobby for guest use. It also had a great breakfast with waffles and hard boiled eggs. The breakfast and the staff made the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I have traveled many times over the last 15 years to Dothan and have stayed at the Fairfield Inn. It's starting to show it's age. Bed's were not comfortable and the bathrooms are dated and exceptionally small. The front desk were helpful and pleasant.
I had a first floor room down from the pool, my room had a musty smell and when asked if I could move to an upper floor room I was told no.

Checked out the next day.....

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I was in town for two days on business and my company booked me into this hotel vs. the Courtyard right next door. The physical space of the room was fine, but I did notice a number of what seemed to be "clean stains" (ie: the linens had been washed, but had certainly seen better days as the shoe print and makeup stains were not budging.) The bathroom was small and dated with rough, thin towels. On the up side, free parking and internet, a small breakfast offering- though definitely inconsistent coffee quality. I think it just depended on who was making it; when I checked in it was decent, both mornings however, it was like flavored water. I had checked in around 11 am and had just about got settled in and was calling home when housekeeping basically tried to come bursting through my door. I had fortunately flipped the deadbolt AND the slide bolt so the unwelcome entry was averted. Through the door I heard apologies- however, I did have to wonder if I was in a clean room, why did housekeeping even need to enter the room? I tried not to give it much thought. Instead, I double locked the door and was happy for my traveler's door alarm. Overall, the room certainly wasn't the worst I've stayed in. The staff was pleasant; I think this was a "you get what you pay for" budget hotels. It worked, but I certainly would not have chosen it on my own.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2009

I have stayed in quite a few Marriott brand hotels, and this was probably the worst. I favor Marriott for ease and convinience when traveling for work - I can count on the hotels being clean, the amenities such as wireless internet to be standard and in working order, and the staff to be professional. So, I chose this hotel when business took me to Dothan.

My main issue with this hotel was the cleanliness - or lack there of. There was broken glass on the floor of my room - near the door and in the bathroom. I arrived late and didn't notice until the next morning, so I left a note to housekeeping along with my customary $3 tip. Housekeeping left a note appologizing for the glass, but when they cleaned, they didn't get it all. Hello - this is GLASS ON THE FLOOR - one would think that they would make sure to get it all. My towels weren't replaced and the second day I had to make due with 1 small bath towel (too small to wrap around my body) and no bath mat. The tub wasn't even rinsed, let alone cleaned. The carpet smelled musty and strange - perhaps from whatever was spilled that resulted in the broken glass?

This hotel is definitely not up to the Marriott brand standards.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2008

For $89 a night in Alabama, I thought that this hotel would offer a little bit more than the average. The room had an "old" smell and the hot breakfast that is advertised is the typical continental breakfast, (with no waffle maker!).

The staff was courteous, but the rooms, especially the bathrooms can be updated. It left me wondering, would I have stayed in the same type of room, if I stayed at another hotel that had a cheaper rate?

Like Marriott properties, but this one did not live up to it's price.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 29, 2008

Stayed 3 days in late Feb 08. Hotel is located on Ross Clark Circle, where there are many, many other competitors. Rate was good, hotel was typical. Room itself was quiet and adequately appointed - king bed, desk, reading chair with ottoman. 5 lamps in the room, but only two drawers in dresser. Lots of TV channels, but a very small 19in screen. Wireless access was a plus, but the room lacked attention to detail in cleanliness - tabletops had not been wiped, coffeepot was not clean, and the shower curtain had been left folded at the ends and was (not surprisingly) a little slimy. Breakfast was the biggest surprise - this is a 63 room hotel with a breakfast/lobby area about the size of my living room (15 X 22). 4 tables for 4, 2 tables for 2, one table for one along with a sofa and two armchairs comprised the entire seating area for the dining room/lobby. Maybe 10 feet of counterspace - crammed with really simple continental breakfast fare (not even danish). Just way too many people, with too much stuff of really average quality, all in the same place at the same time.

Lots of restaurants around. Great indoor heated pool. Folks were nice, but it seems they have kids doing the housekeeping at it shows. Cheap, functional, absolutely nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank YorktownTraveler411