“Great price for a very good hotel.”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Great price for a very good hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

The reservation was made online and I did not expect much for the price, It was located exactly where we needed it, I am sure they did that just for me:-). I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodations. The room was spacious and everything worked. The Bar area offered a free bufet while you had a drink or two. I was on the backside which was quite even though close to the rad. Breakfast was a free buffet, nice. eggs and pork grits.

Room Tip: the internet price is outstanding.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave feedback regarding our property to your fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Your remarks are some of our favorite to hear, as there is nothing more gratifying than hearing we not only met, but exceeding your expectations during your stay. Our staff's goal is to supply the best service possible to each guest everyday and your comments serve as wonderful encouragement for our staff. We hope that you will continue to visit us when your in the area so that we are able to supply to you the most hospitable accommodations in Dothan.
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Midland City, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed here some time ago when it was part of the Holiday Inn system. The General Manager Derick & his staff were superb. I would not stay with Holiday Inn anymore so I am glad it was the Clarion & would stay with them. However, what made this hotel for an extended stay was not Holiday Inn, it was Derick & his staff. The Kitchen staff was also fantastic & accommodating. Derick always went out of his way to be helpful, informative, sincere, & friendly. That is something that is hard to come by these days. I never visited the bar or the pool because I was working 7 days a week, 16-20 hours a day so I cannot comment on that. Maintenance also did an excellent job of taking care of things. The hotel was a reasonable & fair priced hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
David C,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback regarding our property. We pride ourselves on being able to adequately staff our property with people who are pushing for the highest level of customer service and accommodations possible so that all our guests leave feeling as satisfied as you have on your previous stays. I have forwarded your positive comments to all our staff here to serve as encouragement to continue to show up to work each day with a smile and helpful attitude to ensure our guests leave happy and with a positive memory of their stay.

Best Regards Until You Return,

Florence, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Once upon a time when you booked a Clarion you were getting a room upscale from Comfort Suites. If this Clarion is any indication it is now a down market hotel. I would not recommend staying here on a weekend because this is a party location and has a large bar that allows smoking which is quite lively on the weekends. Might be ok during the week but stay somewhere else on the weekend if you are traveling and need a good nights rest. We were up often throughout the night. I do need to point out that the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel was priced correctly for what is but just don't expect what Clarion used to be.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Ricky768,

Let me begin by thanking your for your feedback regarding our hotel as it is the only way we are able to improve as a property. I do apologize that you found some aspects of our property not to your liking, but we do not promote ourselves as a "party location". You are correct that we are a full service property that includes a lounge area that does allow smoking. We apologize that you had any inconveniences while you stayed and urge any guests who have any issues during their stays to follow up with the front desk so that the manager on duty can reconcile any issues immediately so that you may enjoy a peaceful stay at our property. I am pleased to know that our staff was pleasant and helpful during your stay and again apologize that you felt your stay was less than satisfactory. We will address your comments and make the appropriate adjustments necessary to ensure all of our guests are happy and content upon departure.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The motel was clean, modern, the staff friendly, a restaurant on premises. The hot breakfast was excellent. The only negative was that the bath could use some up dating. Motel is next to a grocery store, micro wave and refrigerator in the unit. We were their to visits friend on near by army base. Free internet, plus a couple of computers in the lobby........................ Review has to be 200 characters, what more can I say? This is a good place to stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beth B
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Beth,

Thank you so kindly for taking the time to post a review regarding our property to TripAdvisor. It is always nice to receive kind words about a recent stay as it is a very accurate gauge of how well we are preforming as a staff at our hotel. It is always our goal to go above and beyond to extend all courtesies possible to our guests and I am so please to hear that Jacob, the night clerk, was able to schedule you a taxi and recommend a wonderful restaurant for ya'll to dine. My staff joins me in welcoming you back next time you are in town to visit friends and hopes you will choose to stay with us again when you return.

Catoosa, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a great experience at this hotel! They had a New Years eve celebration that was a blast. Plenty of waitresses and very friendly staff. We could tell that the hotel manager truly wanted his guests to be happy. It did get a little smoky in the bar...A smoke eater or opening a door would have helped. But, the place was packed so it was to be expected. The room was clean and the towels were nice and fluffy. The bed could stand to be replaced but it was ok. Breakfast was very good. Every single staff member greeted us with a smile. Would stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Cammy A,

Thank you for taking the time to post to our TripAdvisor page. It is our goal to provide an amazing stay with the friendliest, most accommodating staff and property available. I've passed your comments regarding the bed and smoke eaters to our housekeeping and maintenance staff to push to see if there is any way we can better improve these two items. However, like you stated, we were very busy that evening and the extra smoke may have been accounted for by the large crowd, but it does not hurt to check! We hope you will come back and spend time with us next time your in Dothan as we also have Karaoke contests, live bands, and DJ's on a regular basis and great room prices. Hope your holiday season was amazing and we look forward to hosting you again soon!

(334)794-8711
Alabama USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had already written a review about this hotel from previous stays, but now I must write something totally different. My husband and I have stayed several times at this hotel on our way to Orlando Fl. We always thought that for one night stay the hotel was good enough. We went back to Orlando a week ago and we stayed at the Clarion again but we were very disappointed. The room didn't seem clean enough and of course we disliked a lot the fact that that night we killed three cockroaches in our room!!. I couldn't believe my eyes!!!. On the way back from Orlando yesterday we gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt and spent the night there last night, but as incredible as it may seem we killed three more cockroaches in our room!!. I had a hard time falling asleep thinking that a roach might climb on my face.
Also the hotel needs a lot of TLC. The bathroom door in our bedroom did not close and the bathroom itself needs some updating.
Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. The hotel is very well located, they should do a little maintenance to it. It deserves it.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get roaches in your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mikafe
Hannah S, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Mikafe,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a second survey on your trip here to our hotel. I want to apologize for falling below your expectations, as this is something we take very seriously here at our property. I would love the opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your stay. I have expressed your remarks to both my chief maintenance personnel, as well as, our contracted pest control company to ensure this issue is immediately taken care of. Your comments have not fallen on deaf ears and will be addressed and corrected. Again, I urge you to reach out to me at the number I have provided below to talk further about your recent stay if you wish. I also invite you back to see us, as I know we have the ability to exceed your disappointments next time your in town. I look forward to hearing from you!

(334)794-8711

Travelers are raving about these Dothan hotels