“Outdated”

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Outdated”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very old and need to be updated. I will not ever stay here again! For the money that I spent I could have went to a newer hotel. The older lady in the breakerfast lounge is very rude she got food off of the bar with her bare hands.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank dasnpc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here one night after traveling from the Tampa area. The only thing we did not like about the property is that it is located on a four lane divided highway and it requires going the opposite direction and then making U turns. We found this to be very inconvenient. The room was clean and comfortable and we were able to park the car in front of our room. The breakfast buffet had a varied selection of items and the food was very good. The room price was very reasonable and therefore a very good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coolbreeze2
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After traveling all day from Central Florida, we finally stopped in Dothan, AL for the night on our way home to Mississippi. We had never stayed at the Clarion so we decided to give it a try.
We were extremely pleased by the service that we received. Ms. Ciandra at the Front Desk went out of her way to ensure that we were comfortable with the room, her attitude was just magnificent and it spoke volumes of the type of staff you have. She really exhibited the word "Hospitality".
I hope that she would one day be apart of your management team or training team!!!! She is a valuable employee and have much to offer.

Room Tip: We particularly like rooms on higher floors; the noise levels are decreased and certainly the A/C un...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Henderson
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were traveling back to Tn. and decided to stay here for the night. Location is good, room was ok. We did have a few issues, but staff was prompt to address them. It's an older property and could use some updating. Bathroom had a problem with a dripping faucet. One plus was the room service. This is so nice if u don't feel like going out to eat and can't face another pizza!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank William R
Hernando, Florida
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights with other family members, total 3 rooms. Great location for our purposes. Kingsize rooms on the poolside are best. We enjoyed sitting with each other late nights around the pool & talking. The breakfast is complete. But nothing great.

Room Tip: ONLY choose poolside!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy B
Eden, North Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2013

If it had not been for the awesome staff (Lana especially but also Kate, Jeff in maintenance, and Mr. Derrike) I would have left due to some issues I had. The place has the potential to be really, really nice. Housekeeping needs severe and I do mean severe improvement but again I repeat the front desk staff were all so overwhelmingly nice I stayed out of respect for them. If you want ease of access make sure you clarify this when making your reservations, it is a large property and just because you ask for ground floor due to no elevator doesn't mean you will be parked right in front of your room. The pool is really nice complete with a BBQ grill. Unless you are with the people beside you do not stay in a connecting room--you can hear everything being said and done. I felt safe her just very dirty. The TV choices were few and the remote was slow and I am sure if I had brought this to the attention of the staff they would have done what they could to fix it. As a corporate lodging guest I was treated far beyond my expectations. Hats off to the staff. The place is old and in need of renovations but if cleaned up I would stay again. Conveniently located also.

Room Tip: No connecting room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sat1922
Sopchoppy
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a great time but the best part was the friendly and outgoing service provided by the front desk staff. "Roshunda" was pleasant, helpful and professional from the moment we checked in. She really saved the day when I checked out and forgot my pillow. She didn't just leave a note for someone else to take care of it. She contacted housekeeping, located my pillow and made sure it was mailed to me. I really appreciated her taking the time to go the extra mile for the customer! Breakfast buffet and cookies were awesome too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family