“Terrific stay”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel was wonderful. The staff was nice and friendly. Check in was carefree.The breakfast bar was so good, down home southern grits and the works. The best tasting coffee. The room was large, clean with great bedding. It was a little dated. The service was more than I expected because of the price. I will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor had less noise and traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because of all the great reviews and was really disappointed. My room was really dated and I was hesitant to touch anything. There were stains, a smell, and lots of disrepair. The air conditioner rumbled really loudly all night long.
On the positive side, there was a nice mattress pad on the bed that made it quite comfortable, and the the tv and internet worked well. They seem to be in the process of renovating, the lobby and breakfast room were nice, so maybe I was just unlucky and some of the rooms are nicer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CSCTampa
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The desk clerk was very friendly and my check in was effortless. The room was large and had all the amenities that I would have expected. The room, bedding and bathroom were all clean and very nice. The free breakfast was more than I had expected and the quality of the food was excellant. I will defenitiely stay here again when I am working in this area. I always stay at Choice Hotels but the accomodations here exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: This was my first stay at this hotel, my accomodations exceeded my expectations.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was one of the better hotels I have been too. Staff was great, benefits for choice members include a free drink at the bar/resturant, and free breakfast voucher at the full buffet style breakfast (real eggs!) bacon, sausage, just about anything you could want!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2012

this was a good stay price location and cleanliness and everyone was very friendly

Room Tip: get a room by the pool
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Myself my wife and granddaughter stayed here on the 15th of June ... had a great stay ... the room was very clean and in the back on the ground floor ... it was quiet and the bed was very comfortable ... the bathroom was a little small but was very clean and well stocked ... we ask for extra towels and they brought them right away with a roll a way bed for my granddaughter .. the staff was very friendly and professional and the wifi was good as well ... in the morning we got a free breakfast buffet ... the food was very good and there was a lot of waitresses that could get you anything you wanted ...the tables had real plates and napkins and glasses for drinks ... we will be there again ... I do have family in the area and we think this was a very good buy and well worth the money ... stay here if you come thru Dothan ... it is well worth it and a great place to stay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David S
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had a group stay there for a pool tournament and it was very nice i don't think i have slept that good in a long time was very clean and had a nice lounge downstairs and a very good breakfast buffet me and my husband plan on going back just to stay the weekend we had such a good time.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends