“Nice property”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, GA
“Nice property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

This is a motor lodge (you drive up to your room) which wasn't apparent from the web site. Noisy neighbors - a group of construction workers had booked a bunch of rooms. Front desk relocated us and upgraded us to a suite. Outstanding customer service. Breakfast is typical fare nothing special but sufficient. They do provide wait service which is a bit unusual for a continental breakfast but Brenda our waitress was delightful and extremely service minded. Public rooms (banquet and conference rooms) smelled of dampness or musty and appeared a bit dated. Our sleeping rooms were clean and bed was especially comfortable and appeared new and fresh. For budget minded travelers this is a very good choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Carterville, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

We recently spent a night at the Clarion in Dothan and enjoyed our stay. Room was clean and front desk personnel were friendly and polite. Breakfast the next morning was a full hot breakfast served in a restaurant atmosphere. A lounge on the premises was clean and pleasant for a cocktail after a long drive. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Weirsdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

Stayed 2 nights this past weekend & husband stayed a night a few weeks before. Wonderful hotel, rooms are very clean & very comfy & have all you need Cable-micro-mini fridge. They also have a great breakfast buffet that is fresh & very tasty. Everyone from the front desk, to the housekeeping, to the wait staff at breakfast were all very nice & accomodating. The only draw back I have is the $25. pet fee. Husband stayed without me & the dog on 1st visit. $50 is a little steep for our Chihuahua for 2 nights, (although I understand they had a problem with a Great Dane a few weeks before) Wish they would consider a refundable pet fee (if pet causes no damage) or at least a lower fee for pets as we will be staying in Dothan quite often on business in the future but can't afford that fee at every stay. Without the high pet fee I would reccomend this hotel highly.

Room Tip: I agree with other guests about the rooms in the back, it is very quiet and also very well lit for s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I went home for Christmas 2011 and chose this hotel because it is two
minutes from my parent's home and they allow pets. WOW!!! What a
surprise this place was! It appears the property has been renovated because
my room seemed "new"....carpet, linens, & flat-screen TV. I was so relieved.
"Coming home" has always been a problem for me because there was no
really good place to stay. (The other so-called "nicer" hotels in the area are
overpriced-which would shorten my stay.) The best part of this place was the
friendliest staff in the universe. I thought I had been dropped off in the Twilight
Zone because no one should be this happy to be WORKING on Christmas Day.
The general manager here could give lessons to all other general managers!
Also, everyone else is correct on the free breakfast...you will have REAL eggs,
not powdered!!! Yay! Outstanding value and I can't wait to come again (thanks
so much for a stress-free stay)! I totally insist anyone coming to Dothan, PLEASE stay here--you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Derek L, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Jane,

It's great to receive these comments, but even better to hear that we have made our guests holidays a special occasion. I take pride in knowing that my staff delivers outstanding customer service and truth be known they leave me in awe each and every day. The hotel has recently gone through some upgrades and we all are proud to work here. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Derek LaTouche
Clarion Inn and Suites - Dothan, Alabama.
The Villages, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The furnishings and decor were up-to-date. Our room was at the back and was very quite. The hot buffet breakfast was good with scrambled eggs, meat, french toast and more. There is a wait staff that brings you coffee and juice. The restaurant area was very clean and comfortable. We were given a two coupons (one each) for a drink at the on-site lounge but we did not use it. There are a few fast-food restaurants in walking distance. Full service restaurants are within a very short drive.The rooms are equipped with a microwave and small refrigerator so one could get something at the full service grocery store on the adjacent property and bring back to the room. We would stay at this hotel again when passing through Dothan, AL.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel are further away from the lobby but are very quiet. There are roo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Derek L, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear Janet,

It is always good to see a safe and happy new year come to the Clarion Inn and Suites but even better to see happy guests visit. I thank you for you gracious words and look forward to your next visit to Dothan, AL.

Cordially,
Derek LaTouche
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

stayed there on the way to FLA--very nice place-comfortable room and excellent breakfast buffet with hot and cold offerings, breakfast had a wait staff--please tip them

would definitely recommend staying at this motel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Derek L, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
I appreciate your kind words about the property and we will look forward to your next visit to the Dothan Area.
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

I wasn't to sure about this hotel at first since it was set up more like a motel then a hotel. All of the entrances are entered through seperate outdoor exteriors. However, I did find very good reviews on the hotel by reading what other people have said about the hotel. The hotel also offered all of the things I needed including: pet rooms w a $25 fee, which wasn't terrible, but Sleep Inns usually have a $15.00 rate. This hotel was also near the highways, restaurants and stores. The interior of the room was very clean with newer mattresses. The room itself was tidy, the bathroom was especially clean. There is also a business center with internet access, and printers though the computers were really very slow and I didn't get anything done on it. But the lady was nice enough to let me in even though it was closed. There is also an outdoor pool which was too cold to go swimming in November, at least for my liking. However, the pool was obviously still open because there was people laying in the bikinis near the pool. There is also a gym available to guests, a place to do laundry and a bar and restaurant called Jakes attached to the hotel. They give the guests a breakfast ticket which we didn't eat the breakfast as we opted to sleep in, so I don't know how the breakfast was. They also give you another ticket for a free drink at the bar. I think the drink ticket had a limit to 1 drink, and well drinks only. Still it was free which was nice. The service checking in was simple and easy. Not complcated like some hotel clerks make it. The bed was really nice and comfortable. There was a fridge, microwave, and flat screen televisions. Also its a good idea to get a late check out if your a choice card member because you can get a checkout of 2pm with the membership card, and the membership card is free. Overall a good stay, and the best part is the price of the hotel was very affordable. So we would definitely come back. The hotel exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in didn't have bright lights shining in the room but we had a hotel on the ba...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business