“DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL”

Executive Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Me and husband rented a room for a romantic getaway, the first room they rented to us already had someone in it. The second room they put us in had urine in the floor. Finally they put us in a "delux room" which wasnt delux at all. To sum this hotel up it has poor service rude empolyees, and the complimentery breakfast consisted of vending mechine snacks. So if u r a crackhead then this would b ur hotel if not DO NOT STAY @ THIS NASTY HOTEL!!!!!!
Disapointed Guest

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ericabrooke

Reviewed December 30, 2009

I waited 4 weeks to submit this review, I wanted to think about it first. As I read the last couple of reviews I think we are talking about 2 different motels!
I travel for business combined with pleasure, my wife & 4 year old always come with, we stay in hotels almost every week for 2-6 nights across the SE so we have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & we are picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). My 4-year-old takes his shoes & socks off the minute we hit the room and believe me if the carpet is a little dirty we will know within minutes (I have checked out of hotels because his feet were black with dirt).

Beside my family & I, 5 associates were scheduled to stay here, 3 left immediately & went to the Knights inn, 2 were in one room but had paid through Hot wire & were stuck. I was stuck for 4 nights, but moved to the Knights Inn as soon as I could (after 4 miserable nights). (I assure you I will never again put myself & my family in the position of being stuck in a hotel) They had the room next to us but had to change due to a broken air/heating unit and bugs. Before they moved we had to have their room & ours sprayed for roaches. It didn’t help much (we had to kill roaches on a regular basis and they weren’t Palmetto bugs) on the 3 day my son was sitting on the bed and my wife had to kill a roach that was on the wall right over his head!

The beds did not have blankets! Only a sheet and the comforter, when my colleague asked the front desk the reply was “It doesn’t get cold here, so blankets aren’t necessary.” Never heard of such nonsense (it ranged around 35-40degrees at night while we were there)!
Room Quality: The decor was an outdated 80's style and very worn . The walls were cracked. The paint was messed up and stains on the walls, with holes were something had been. The carpet was sticky and stained as well. Much of the furniture was downright dirty and stained. It looks like nothing had been updated in this room in 20+ years.
Price: Very cheap and rightfully so.
The breakfast liked sad and we weren’t bold enough to try it.

Recommendation: Spend a little more money and stay somewhere else. Forewarned is forearmed!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank traveling_frank
Reviewed December 22, 2009

After reading several reviews about this motel, I was a little hesitant about staying here, but the price was right so i took a chance. To say that I was surprised is to put it mildly. The entrance foyer was lovely with a spiral staircase leading to the second floor. The people behind the desk were very eager to help. The room was larger than the typical motel room with room for a sofa next to the bed..Everything was clean and the bathroom was the same as any other motel.
The only negatives were the sandpaper towels. If you are sensitive, it might be a problem. at dinner time the upper hallway filled with the smell of curry from the family dinner of the owners or managers of the motel. It was gone by morning.
Overall, this room was more than satisfactory and quite a bargain.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank thefels
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay to just get away. This was the second cheapest place in Dothan. We booked our room through the Country Hearth Inn's website (which is the recommended way) and then we read the reviews here on TripAdvisor.

I expected to stay at somewhere horrible but it was actually better then the Motel 6 we recently stayed at. The clerk at the desk was very friendly and she got me checked in in no time. The room had a "homey" feel which we really liked. We stayed in a non-smoking king bedroom. The room had a nice size table and chairs, a couch with a pull out bed, a nice clean king size bed, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and the normal bathroom options. The shower had perfect pressure and plenty of hot water. The room is nothing like a 5-star but it is very well maintained.

The hotel has FREE WiFi in the room. I really enjoyed this, and of course, they have a T.V. with normal channels. They had an icebox near the room with two Coca-Cola vending machines. The place was very quiet and peaceful. You didn't get bothered at all. The housekeeper was very respectful in the morning. We had our door locked and the safety latch latched. The housekeeper knocked normally on the door and stated who he/she was and then used her key. The door was locked; he/she could not gain access to our room so they went to the next room. (If you want to know the reason for me saying this, read my review on Motel 6 in Dothan, AL.)

Check out time for us was 11 a.m. and the price was a little less than $40. To me, it was a really great deal!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My computer was stolen out of my room by an employee of the hotel. And they acted like so what.wouldnt recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank Nevada_IowaBuford
Reviewed August 14, 2008

My son was getting married. My mother in law went to every hotel in Dothan to find a nice room and good rates for all of the family from out of state. Went to Country Hearth and they showed her a nice clean room and she decided the this hotel would be fine, the rooms looked good and the rate was good. We booked several rooms. Most of the rooms were booked for 4-5 days but my mom and sister were staying 7 days. When my mother and sister went to hotel to check in they called me and informed me they were looking for a different hotel and recommended having every one else book a different hotel. When they were checking in the clerk was on the phone (a personal phone call) didn't get off the phone during the whole check-in process. When they got to their room it smelled musty, was dirty and there were several bugs in the room. My sister had a different room it was also in the same condition. By that time I had went down to the hotel to check it out for myself. They were right. We went to the lobby to check out. The clerk didn't remember my mother or sister checking in, he was to busy on the phone at the time. He was rude. We told him that we were not happy with the room. He said he was sold out so he couldn't move them to other rooms. He raised his voice several times with us. He then out of nowhere came up with two rooms he could move them to. My sister just said it does not matter if you could move us at this point, we are not staying here. He then said they would both be charged for all seven nights. I explained to him that my mother in law looked at a room there and we expected the rooms that we booked to be of the same quality. I later talked to my mother in law and she said they showed her a room in the front of the hotel, the rooms we were given were in the back. He argued that there is a no refund policy. I told him I was never told that. I was told by "Josh" the clerk I spoke to originally that the rooms were nice, clean and quiet. He told me they had fired "Josh" yesterday because he was giving out wrong information. I told him this was not our fault. He said he would have to charge us for both rooms for one night. We argued about that, he then got mad and said ok, If you are going to be like that I'm charging you for both rooms for all 7 days. There was no way that they were staying at this hotel. He finally said ok, I'll just charge you for one night on both rooms. We argued about that then he said IWe finally agreed to that just to get out and figured we would take it up with the credit card company later. In addition to the nasty rooms and the nasty attitude of the staff, there was a drunk guy sitting in the stair way crying, The bar next door was really loud and there was a big party going on at the pool with loud rap music playing so loud the windows were rattling. NEVER STAY HERE!!!! Unfortunately the credit card company would not do anything about it and my mother and sister were charged $55 for a night they never used. This hotel is a rip off, Do not believe anything you are told by the staff and the pictures on the web site to not show how this hotel really looks.

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Vicki B
Reviewed July 30, 2008

This was the most horrible night my family and I have ever had at a hotel. We booked the hotel as a sleepover for our trip to Panama City. We had to change rooms because of the loud buzz of the air conditioning. Around 12 midnight we heard a fight breakout in the lobby. Front desk did not answer and ended up calling 911. The already had been called by another guest. Ended up being a fight between the hotel manager and the husband of an employee. Scared my family terribly. The next morning when we check out I told the manager that we got no sleep because of what occured and he only said "your welcome". This place needs to go out of business. Based on the cars in the parking lot it should not be long before they do. I would not suggest this hotel to my worst enemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family