“HJ”

Howard Johnson Inn Dothan
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Dothan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2013

the room was less than basic. carpet was dusty around walls, bathroom and snot on the walls, and different colors of paint. the sheets were clean at least. or i thought so. and thats not the worst of it. i know that they are "indians" so this review will not effect them in any way but i want to tell the people that use this site to get a brief understanding before they stay.
At 9am i had several knocks a the door, it was 'their' family of housekeepers trying to get everyone to wake up and get out! they would knock every 10 min after that. they were so loud and noisey. im thinking thats what they do to hurry us up to leave. well on the door it says 'check out at 12:00' well i took that to my advantage seeing as how i didnt get to the hotel until 1am the following night. well they knocked again and agian until my husband went outside to tell them to please stop that we were leaving and that the sign says 12. well the guy said that was wrong it was really 11. and they needed the sheets and towels?!? so my husband takes the sheets off the bed and towels out the floor and guves it to them just so we can get dressed in peace. geez! what a rude bunch!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Clarksville
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family stayed at the HoJo-Dothan, AL on the first night of our road trip and I was not expecting a stay as nice as it was. Everyone talks about the hotel just being a place to sleep but this Howard Johnson is the best hotel of our trip. Even though the lobby was being renovated when we checked in the lady at the desk was quick and friendly in her chaotic environment. The bed was firm, which I like but I know some people dont, the pool was great for my daughter and I to relax from the car ride, and the room was clean!
Everyone knows there are down sides. My family is not a fan of continental breakfasts (donuts and muffins just arent our thing) so when we checked out we stopped for breakfast but I dont think every hotel should offer a full breakfast because that would only make costs rise and I doubt most people would use it anyways. Thats about it.

Overall this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and HoJo will be the choice for my family in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family