“Not bad for the money”

Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Ooltewah
“Not bad for the money”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The age of Days Inn is starting to show. But still, for the money, it isn't bad. I believe a lot of the reputation of a motel depends on the cleaning staff. In our room, there was still food in the fridge from the previous guest. But the bed was clean, as were the bathroom facilities. And that is most important to me. The carpet was clean, though aging. The TV in our room had horrible reception, but I doubt that was the fault of the motel.It didn't trouble us that much. All in all, we were comfortable, slept well, and felt it was a good deal for the money. Will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tomaka D, General Manager at Days Inn Dothan, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review expressing your problems as well as the things you were pleased with. The issues were immediately addressed with the house keepers and taken care of. We sincerely apologize for the the issues. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
texas
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Just driving through and needed a place to stay. We checked in at 6:15pm and the front door was already locked for the night...that SHOULD have given us a clue but we were REALLY tired... We checked in through a small window and got rooms in the very back. We were able to park right in front of the door which was good because I felt obliged to look out the window several times during the night to check on the car. The doors to the rooms do not really close well so you had to slam them to get them to shut (and shove them to get them open!). I sleep with ear plugs in and still heard slamming doors all night long. The carpets were really dirty and the A/C filters were filthy (but the A/C ran well and quietly). Otherwise the room was okay. I believe they may be in the process of renovations because my parents room just a few doors down from ours was much nicer - significantly cleaner, updated with fresh paint and a nice lounge chair (where ours had just empty space). Breakfast was nice and the morning staff was friendly. They said the locked door was policy from "higher up" due to recent break ins in the area. I do not know if this makes me feels better about the hotel or not. Either way we probably will not be staying in this hotel in the future as I cannot imagine WHY I would ever be in Dothan, Alabama again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kkiddkid
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Days Inn Dothan. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. As a customer, I know how I expect to be happy as well as comfortable when I stay at any hotel. I am truly sorry that we failed to provide you with the very best. At that time we were in the middle of doing a little renovating to our property. Also, it was a mandatory for the employees to have the doors closed and locked at a certain time each night due to things that had been going on so close around us. I apologize that it made you a bit uncomfortable. We hope that you will give us the oppourtunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. I assure you that we will provide you with the very best.

Travelers are raving about these Dothan hotels

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Hair in bathtubs and on floor, dirty air conditioner, dirty carpet. Who ever is inspecting these rooms needs to be replaced because these rooms are filthy!!!! I work at a days inn and I inspect rooms and this would NEVER fly where I come from. The housekeepers need to be trained again!!!!! Never will I stay here, I would rather pay 100.00 to another hotel. Nasty, nasty, nasty

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Disappointedashell
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I had to work in Dothan, AL for a month. I stayed at the Days Inn, because it was right across the street from where I work. The only thing good about the place was having a king bed, although it wasn't too comfortable. Heck, at least I got Wyndham reward points. They won't clean your room on certain days, or ever. Gas prices were the only reason we stayed here.

Room Tip: King bed at the Marriot would be better.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank SoulEnergy
fl
Reviewed March 25, 2011

hotel looks great online. The carpets will turn your feet black, so bring your flip flops.
The air conditioner units have not been cleaned in a long time.

management does not seem to care

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank messedup
Orlando
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We were on our way to Fla and this hotel was a great value! Clean, comfortable room and kingsize bed in a great location for $60! Check-in and out were easy and pleasant! The free breakfast is basic and good; for more choices go across the street to Atlantic Bread Co.

• Stayed March 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed January 2, 2011

I stayed at the Days Inn Dothan on New Years Eve and found the lobby clean and quiet. My room was clean, the bed nicely made and everything I needed for my nights stay was there for my use. I was tired and appreciated finding such good lodging.

My only complaint was that I was not permitted to include my 50 pound dog during my stay. I had to leave him at home.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo