“Better than I expected after reading reviews.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Kennard, IN
“Better than I expected after reading reviews.”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

We had a free night at this hotel (will explain more about that later), but was not sure what we would get into after reading the reviews on tripadvisor about the motel. We were actually pleasantly surprised. It is absolutely not a fancy place, but we found it to be very clean. The room was small, but it didn't smell and the bathroom was very clean. It is always the first place I check. The wireless internet service in the room was handy. We found this hotel to be fine since we were just needing a place to sleep after traveling all day and getting up early to head out again the next morning. We had an issue with our TV, but the front desk was pleasant and very quick to respond and fix the problem. Not a 5 star place by any means, but was all we needed. OK, about the free night. We had joined the Choice Hotel Club at a Sleep Inn that was wonderful. It was a $100 a night hotel and we were told if we stayed 2 nights we would get one free. So on our way back home we stayed our second night. We did get the free night, but what they don't tell you is that your free night is at their economy line hotels (Econo Lodge & Quality). Just wished they had been more informative when we joined, but hey a free night was great anyway even if it wasn't at the cushy Sleep Inn in Dothan that was rated the #1 Choice hotel in Alabama!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Pinkmingomom
Tammy K, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 23, 2015

Kind Regards,

Econo Lodge, dothan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jackson, MS
Reviewed July 7, 2009

I am a Choice member and the Sleep Inn was booked, this Econo Lodge exceeded my standards. This hotel looks like it has recently been renovated from the looks of the furniture in the room. I was initially on the trip for vacation and business came up. However, thank to the mini business center with desks in the room, I was easily able to to take care of it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lawyer35
Tammy K, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 23, 2015
On behalf of our hotel staff , I am wrighting you to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words. iIt is truely rewarding when our guest rerecognizes our staff's efforts and take the time to let us know . The principle goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service and resonable prices and a comfortable stay . It is only thru your eyes that we can accuretly assess the quality of the accommodation and servies we provide .

again thank you
Nashvegas
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I was traveling with my retired parents to Florida and they wanted to stay on the cheap. Dothan has lots of hotel choices and the econo lodge wanted our business. The price started in the $60's and we couldn't refuse their offer of $48. It is an aging outdoor entrance motel. Parking is ridiculously tight and it could have been a Days Inn years ago. The furniture is old, the tv is old and the a/c is old. It did the job in the dark and Chick-Fil-A was just up the road for my morning chicken biscuit. Mom and Dad would stay there again for less than $50.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank KahunaSchelf
I want to thank you for your feed back . I'm conconcerned about your exsperance while your were at out hotel . I want to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention to my attention .Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstandings that may have accured .I want you to know any comments or sugestions are taken seriously . they tell us what is being done wright and wrong and helps us to inprove.

gm

Travelers are raving about these Dothan hotels

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My wife and I arrived and stood in line for a long time to check in. Rates were all over the board. Our room had fleas so we slept on top of the bed covers. The people next door had loud [-] then it was quiet for a short time then a party started. It lasted till 4:30 a.m. There was loud music, banging on the walls. etc. We had driven all day and needed sleep, which we did not get. The deluxe continental breakfast consisted of 2 loaves of bread, butter and apple juice. Choice was highly recommended by another family member. Needless to say, our future business will go elsewhere.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Watkinsfan

Mongtomery, AL
Reviewed March 12, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Dothan Econo Lodge. What a disappointment. It's supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, but the rooms absolutely reeked. The clerks were nice, but we witnessed a maid actually smoking in a room the next morning ... unacceptable.

Downsides: The continental breakfast was depleted by 7:30 the following morning, there were rat peels in the walkways and the linens and towels had hairs on them when we arrived.

Be advised, it was only $51 a night, and you will get what you pay for.

• Liked — Nice Clerks
  • Disliked — Rooms reeked of smoke
Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ALStagman

Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2004

We have stayed at the Dothan Econo Lodge around 3 times and again we visited this June and found the property was in need of a good cleaning. We always stop because they have a great rate for someone to lay their head for the night. We rented two rooms and while ours was tolerable the other room we rented reaked of mildew and found mildew in the room. We called the front desk and the promptly moved rooms but the new room was better but not by much. We had a king room which was adequate but the carpet needed to be replaced. If some of these general housekeeping processes were improved, we would stay again.

8 Thank Myke729