Econo Lodge
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleantammyfridgeactub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My wife and I arrived and stood in line for a long time to check in. Rates were all over the board. Our room had fleas so we slept on top of the bed covers. The people next door had loud [-] then it was quiet for a short time then a party started. It lasted till 4:30 a.m. There was loud music, banging on the walls. etc. We had driven all day and needed sleep, which we did not get. The deluxe continental breakfast consisted of 2 loaves of bread, butter and apple juice. Choice was highly recommended by another family member. Needless to say, our future business will go elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Watkinsfan
Tammy K, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2015

I want to thank you for your feed back . I'm conconcerned about your exsperance while your were at out hotel . I want to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention to my attention .Please accept my sincere apology for any misunderstandings that may have accured .I want you to know any comments or sugestions are taken seriously . they tell us what is being done wright and wrong and helps us to inprove.

Reviewed March 12, 2007

My wife and I stayed at the Dothan Econo Lodge. What a disappointment. It's supposed to be a non-smoking hotel, but the rooms absolutely reeked. The clerks were nice, but we witnessed a maid actually smoking in a room the next morning ... unacceptable.

Downsides: The continental breakfast was depleted by 7:30 the following morning, there were rat peels in the walkways and the linens and towels had hairs on them when we arrived.

Be advised, it was only $51 a night, and you will get what you pay for.

2  Thank ALStagman

Reviewed June 26, 2004

We have stayed at the Dothan Econo Lodge around 3 times and again we visited this June and found the property was in need of a good cleaning. We always stop because they have a great rate for someone to lay their head for the night. We rented two rooms and while ours was tolerable the other room we rented reaked of mildew and found mildew in the room. We called the front desk and the promptly moved rooms but the new room was better but not by much. We had a king room which was adequate but the carpet needed to be replaced. If some of these general housekeeping processes were improved, we would stay again.

8  Thank Myke729