“Would stay there again if traveling through the area”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The facility exceeded our expectations. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the bath was spacious and nicely appointed. It is also pet friendly with no extra charges. Staff was friendly and accommodating. It is within easy driving distance of many restaurants but they do serve a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013

A La Quinta traveler
Mobile, Alabama, USA
Reviewed September 16, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My trip to Dothan started stressfully but ended calmly thanks to the help of the fantastic staff at the Dothan LaQuinta.
I drove in very late after many hours on the road, unpacked, settled the dog and myself. Out with the dog for a last walk in my PJs and it was unexpectedly pouring rain. Literally pouring. As I stood on the portico evaluating (umbrella, rainjacket, dog towels all in the car) the desk attendant comes out with her umbrella for me to use. Wow!
The room was fine--clean, quiet and restful. They were even able to get me on the first floor for convenience with the dog.
I somehow managed to leave my bed cover, a king sized flannel blanket, on the bed when I checked out. (Very stressful weekend, don't ask!) The housekeepers had it in lost and found and the desk clerk personally mailed it to me when I called back the following week. They have made a life long customer in me. WTG staff at Dothan LaQuinta! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor #1 rating. If you are a smoker with animals living inside your home, this is probably an ideal choice, but not for me. Upon arrival in the evening, we had to step through smoke where several men gathered at the front door were enjoying their cigarettes and beer. Each entrance/exit door we used had a smoker right outside. Room 426 smelled terrible. Breakfast was not stocked. Looked for the breakfast room lady by walking up to the wide-open door of the kitchen. A fan was blowing inward, water was running in the sink, and wet towels were hanging everywhere. It was filthy. People were waiting for food. Finally, the lady brought out what appeared to be microwaved cheese "omelettes" cut in half that were quickly snapped up by those who had been waiting. About that time, we watched two persons in military uniform walk by the breakfast room, each with a large german shepherd. We left without eating anything.

Checking out, the desk lady asked how our stay was so I told her the room smelled, was lacking usual items such as conditioner & lotion (small detail). Also suggested she go look at the breakfast room, and open door to the kitchen. Considering the #1 rating, I must assume this morning was not typical; however, no, did not enjoy this stay. And it's hard to rate service because staff is nice, but seems to target another type of guest, and not me.

We left & went a few doors down to Cracker Barrel where we enjoyed a nice meal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed here with for a night with my older parents and their tea cup poodle. We needed a floor on the first floor due to mobility issue and the accomodated us very well. Gave us a room close to a door so there was not a lot of walking involved. Beds were comfy and the room was very clean and neat! Will be staying here again when we return to visit family!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The friendliness and professionalism of the staff here could easily be mistaken for a MUCH more expensive hotel. During a one night stay here, I noticed the air conditioning did not work in the fitness room and told the front desk of the issue. Within 5 minutes a maintenance technician came in and literally replaced the whole air conditioning unit so that there would be guaranteed cool air blowing during my workout. That efficiency is unheard of.

In another instance, one of the guests in my party forgot their pillow in our room after we left. Brandy, who works at this location, shipped it off to my home address once I notified her that the pillow really needed to be delivered back. She was very friendly and understanding, much like every person on the staff I interacted with their in a short time frame of 24 hours.

Great service all around. La Quinta in Dothan is the only place you should stay it when you need a room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about the property and the staff.

I must say - our staff is the Bomb!

I will be certain pass on an 'at-a-boy' to the maintanence person as well as Brandy.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Pam Garrett GM