“Wonderful stay! Great ambiance, location, friendly & helpful staff & pet friendly!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed 1 night on the way home from the beach. First stay at this LaQuinta & I was pleasantly surprised. Great location, safe, lighted parking lot. Beautiful, wide open lobby & breakfast area. Lovely pool-only complaint was I had to walk through a smoke filled environment to get to pool. Solution: would be prudent to move the "smokestack" that is supposed to put out cigarettes away from the pool area/front entrance. This was my only issue that can be quickly remedied. I understand that they are going to be upgrading to HD-TV soon. (has something to do with it being a concrete bldg; & putting in a "feed.") The bed was great..very comfy, pillows were okay, I always bring my pillows from home anyway. I had a two-queen bed room w/chair & lamp in corner...was a little tight but manageable. Very quiet, just heard occasional door shutting. I highly recommend this property!! I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so for taking the time to write such kind words regarding your stay.

Please be certain to let me know if we ever fall short of your expectations.

Pam Garrett GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Monroe, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Rooms small. Few outlets. Low light. Near plenty places to eat. Front desk workers pleasant & helpful. Breakfast offerings, OK. Our room smelled as if a pet had been there previously , when we arrived, but once air conditioner ran a bit, was better. Many dogs there.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank cajunroadwarrior
Thank you for writing in regarding your stay. I appreciate your comment regarding inadequet lighting and outlets. While our new TVs will have some additional outlets, I was not familiar with the lighting being poor so it allows for me to rething our current set ups.

I hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again,

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped here on our way home from the beach. The location is good, near several stores, restaurants, etc. Everything in our room was very clean. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was near the elevator, so we occasionally heard conversations floating in from the hallway, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. Next time, I'll ask for a room further away from the elevator. No big deal. The pool area was clean and there were plenty of towels. As someone else mentioned, it might be a good idea to put the coffee pot and ice bucket somewhere other than on the bathroom counter. Also the stairwell was a little on the dirty/smelly side. Most stairwells are. This is a pet friendly hotel, so that is probably why the stairwell was in that condition. Other than that, I have no complaints! Highly recommend. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay.

I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Thank you for your input regarding the stairwells - we have recently found it challenging to keep on top of debry being tracked in by some crews. We will get it under control.

Switz City, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on way to Indiana from Florida, hotel was easy to find. The front desk was very nice and helpful, welcomed us and our little doggie. Even gave him a treat. La Quintas are always our choice when we travel with our four-legged baby. We were on the 2 floor, the ac cooled very well, we had a king with sofa sleeper. There was a micro-wave, frig and coffee maker. Room was nice size and clean, the bath was big with tub. The stairway was a downer but was ok. The outside was full of pretty flowers and trees. There was plenty of parking with good lighting for evening out with the dog. There was an outside pool, no hot tub. Right out front in the same lot is a Waffle House, Chili's is next door very close. Would stay again, good place. All the front desk people were really nice and friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding you and your four legged family members stay.

Please be certain to let us know when we fall short of your expectations.

Hope to see you and yours again soon.

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We just stayed at the Dothan La Quinta for 3 nights and were very pleased. Housekeeping is doing a great job, all the staff are very friendly & helpful and the room we had was very comfortable. AC cools very well and isn't incredibly noisy. Microwave, fridge, tv, desk, WiFi, coffee in room or in the lobby ~ and plenty of towels & pillows. SO nice for a good hotel to have smoking rooms available! (And pet friendly!) The pool looks nice & clean (and very inviting), and you can have breakfast in the hotel or within walking distance. Shopping nearby. The only thing I didn't like was the smell of the soap...but that's no biggie. The bathroom was *spotless*! I would definitely recommend this hotel & look forward to staying again--even though I can stay free with family. (I want to go back to try the gym, pool & breakfast ~ and just enjoy the relaxing atmosphere.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate R
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay.

Please let us know if we ever fall short of your expectations.

Let me know when you get to return for that much needed relaxation weekend.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My Husband And I Stayed 4 Nights In A King Size Room With Sofa. The Room Was Clean, The Bed Slept Good, And The Staff Was Friendly. Enjoyed Our Stay. However It Would BE Nice To Have Some Upgrades..Such As Flat Screen TV's, DirecTV, King Size Pillows, And A Separate Place For Coffee Machine & Ice Tray Instead Of The Bathroom, And A HOt Tub. The Big Big Plus For Us WasTheY Allow Pets...But It Is A Nice Place To Stay & I Recommend...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words. I will be certain to pass them onto the staff.

Please let me know if we ever fall short of your expectations.