“Has to be the BEST hotel in Dothan, AL” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Dothan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Room (508): The room is average and nothing to really take note of. I had a two queen bed suite. The room does have a decent sized refrigerator and a microwave. The office desk is a good size and the TV is an ‘old skool’ 25’inch CRT style; no HD here baby! They do have 82 channels to choose from so I do have to give them koodles for that; channel 999 is HBO. There’s also a chair and lamp stuffed into a corner. Not much room there so you may just sit/lay on the bed to watch TV. The bed is a bit firm but I notice I have backaches of it’s too soft so I’m not complaining. There’s also free Internet access so I didn’t need to use my HotSpot enabled cell phone.

The Lobby: The lobby is laid out in regular fashion; the main desk is on the left as you walk in. The breakfast area is a little bit ahead towards the right. They do have new equipment in the gym; a walking machine as well as a very small weight set. The business center has a couple of computers.

Breakfast Kitchen: It’s the usual layout with apple, orange juice, cold cereals and fruit. There are also hot meals such as waffles, toast, eggs, meats and such. There was cheese between the eggs. There was also yogurt and donuts for your morning sweet tooth’s out there.

Location: The hotel was very easy to find and wasn't hidden off the beaten path. I used my cell phone and Google Maps, which took me directly to the front door. The only caveat is that Google Maps told me my destination was on the left when actually the hotel was on the right. You see the hotel at the intersection so it wasn’t a biggie. There are many stores within a one minute drive. There’s a Big Lots, Publix Supermarket, Waffle House, TJ Max, Shoe Carnival, OfficeMax, Old Navy, Cato, PetSmart right across the street. Lots of restaurants as well like O’Charlies, IHOP, Richie B’s, Riviera Wood Fire Grill, McDonald’s, Chili’s Grill & Bar, Long John Silver’s, Panera Bread and Zaki’s Mediterranean Grill just to name a few. The pool is of average size going to 5ft deep; I see some kids having fun now : ).

Cons: The room was a bit small but the carpet in the room was in pretty good shape. The front door needs a commanding hand to really yank down hard otherwise it won’t open. The ice machine, on the fifth floor, didn’t work warranting me an elevator ride to the first to get ice. It took a couple of tries for the ‘contents’ of the toilet to go down, with me holding the handle down the entire time with me thinking “oh come on!!” the entire time. The sink faucet looks a bit grimy; eww?!

Final Thought: I don’t know if I’d every book another stay here even though my stay wasn’t a bad experience. This is an average hotel with average furnishing, design and build. Old CRT TV but lots of channels to choose from. Decently priced and not bad for a one or two day stay; I don’t know if I’d book a room for like a week vacation type of trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Injaznito H
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences while you were with us. I loved the details.

I did want to share with you that we are in the process of changing to HD - we unfortuneatly have issues because of us being a concrete structure and cannot order our HD TVs until the feed for them is in place.....But it should not be long before we will have it all in place.

I will be certain to share your experiences with the staff.

I do hope to see you again.

Pam Garrett Gm