“Perfect stop over....”

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Olive Branch, Mississippi, USA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Spent one night here as a stop over on the way to St. George Island Florida. Nice clean room with very friendly staff. The pillows were harder than I like, but everything else was pretty nice. I was surprised at the places to eat within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Hard pillows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you so for taking the time to write such kind words. I will be certain to share them with the staff.

I hope you had a safe and enjoyable trip to St. George.

Please let me know if we ever fall short of your expectations.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Thiavwqs a good hotel stop along my travels through town. Only downside was that my aunt left her book in the room and it seems the housekeeping services can't be honest enough to turn it into the front desk.

This was a such a disapointment that it had me wondering how safe the rooms would be for anyone staying more then one night when housekeeping makes up your room.

So my advice is, don't stay for more them one night and doublecheck your room before leaving because you won't see whatever you left behind again.

Manager was great in calling back, but she still could not obtain my nook that got left behind.

• Stayed: August 2012
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive items mentioned about your recent stay.

We still have not had anyone run across the Nook you feel one of your guest left behind.

While we have not given up on locating it - I must mention to you that in the 22 years that I have been on this property - we have never had a problem with our housekeeping staff not turning in items left in the rooms by guests - and for that, I take great pride.

I must say, that we all take personal pride in retrieving items guests leave behind and promptly attempt to contact them before they get too far away in their travels.

We also give direct praise and reward to the staff members for their dilegence in turning items in.

Most everytime someone reports something left behind, they follow up a few days later apologizing while letting us know they have found the missing item. Therefore, I was still hoping to hear that you found the Nook nestled in the car or luggage of one of the three guest you were traveling with.

Please know, that guest leave items in the rooms daily, we have found anything from Rolex watches, to computer bags, to expensive jewelry, to $500.00 in cash folded and set under a desk lamp, to a childs 'wore out' Raggety Ann doll, not to mention pay checks found stuck in the a/c units! All of which the cleaning attendants turn in immediately.

A couple of months ago - we had a guest to set their Nook (possibly a Tablet brand) on top of their car while loading and it was found at the entrance of our parking lot - when I tracked who it belong to - the guest did not even know she was missing it yet as it was one of the three she owned. I was so tickled to have tracked her down - but you can bet she would have thought she left it in the room upon realizing it was missing..

I also wanted to state that we get many praises from guest of not only the return of their items - but the speed in which the items are returned.

I certainly hope that we are not to blame as stated - and we will continue to look for the item until it is found, so please let me know if you do happen to run across it.

This situation has allowed me to give further training on the process and an opportunity to reinterate to the staff how imperative it is to follow the policies set on items left behind.

I do hope that all had safe travels.

Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Pam G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Jefferson, Georgia, USA
Reviewed August 5, 2012

All in all everything was better than expected including the breakfast bar & really the only negatives was employees smoking right outside entrance door on end of bldg. & wifi was slower than expected.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Pam G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about the property.

While we only have a few employees that smoke, they are apparrently note smoking in their designated area - so I do appreciate you letting me know so it can be addressed.

I do hope to see you and yours again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff was very professional and friendly staff. It is definitely pet friendly and near quite a few places to eat and shop. Its also a very convenient location for travel. We will definitely stay here again if we travel through Dothan.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind words about the property and staff.

I will be certain to pass them on.

Please make sure you let us know if we ever fall short of your expectations.

Hope to see you again soon.

Sincerly,