“GOOD EXPERIENCE”

BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
“GOOD EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

The front desk reception staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the breakfast was very good; enjoyed the hot items on the buffet. The property is close to many restaurants. We had a minor problem getting the channels on the TV; the maintenance person was very prompt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our property recently. I was happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you for the compliments about our friendly & helpful Front Desk Staff. Your comments about our clean rooms and good breakfast was also nice to hear. I will pass along your comments to our staff. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Port St. Lucie, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Dothan Inn and Suites was a very nice stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. If I would have one minor complaint, the room we had at the end of building 2 was quite a way away from the ice and soda machine and even further away from the lobby where breakfast is served. Normally that wouldn't bother me, but the weather was bad. Otherwise, only good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our property recently. Thank you for all the compliments and for taking the time to answer our survey. You mentioned that your room was not located near the ice and snack machines, or the Breakfast Room. Our property is very large with 150 rooms, and I apologize for any inconvenience in getting to these areas due to the bad weather we were experiencing. Please feel free to ask for a room nearer to these areas the next time you visit. Hope to see you soon.
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was a great experience for us. We lived in Dothan for 20 years and went back for a visit. This motel put us in the center of our planned visits. It is near all of the great shopping in Dothan. We are big fans of Best Western and this Inn is one of the top ones that we have stayed in and will be returning each time we visit Dothan. Oh it is very clean, quiet and a great staff. We stayed 6 nights.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank scouch42
Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was happy to learn that you had a very enjoyable stay at our property recently. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your visit went. I understand that you are a past resident of our city and were returning for a visit. You mentioned how great our location was in relation to shopping, restaurants, and the places you needed to go. I will pass along your kind words about our staff and how quiet and clean your room was. Hope to see you again on your next visit.
Loxley, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

If considering this property, be very careful! I was assigned room 137 in building 3 on Jan 24, 2014. Sometime during the evening of the 25th the adjacent room was broken into and the door which seperated that room from mine was kicked in. Fortunately, we were not in the room at the time. The TVs from both rooms were stolen along with prescription medication and some jewelry of my own. It appears that there is no video surveillance and the rear parking lot is not well lighted.
In this day and age, the safest route is with a hotel where all doors are accessed from the interior of the hotel and there are no adjoining doors unless both rooms are accupied by the same family or group.
On a positive note, the staff was helpful in relocating me to a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, insist on a room in the front of the property facing the highway.
Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank bamasailor
Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response to our guest survey. I know that you had a bad experience while staying at our property as you mentioned. I spoke with you by telephone the following morning
and expressed our concern about the situation. We have not had a guest room broke into in several years. These incidents are random and uncontrollable. We did everything we could to be as helpful to you as possible such as calling the police, comping your room, and sending you to another hotel at our expense. Thank you for mentioning how helpful our staff was in handling the situation. You mentioned that we did not have video surveillance, but that is not correct. We do have video cameras around the parking lot, and the tape was made available to the police. Hopefully , it will be helpful in the investigation. Again, I am sorry that this happened to you at our property. I mentioned to you that several years ago, I was staying at a hotel in Daytona Beach and my room was broken into, so I do know what you are feeling.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hotel is well maintained, clean and very conveniently located on HYW 231. Plenty of restaurants & shopping nearby. The rear units are very quite. The breakfast room is spacious and attractive. The exercise facility is actually a Gold's Gym about a block away. Obtain a pass at the desk. The pool is very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at our property, and for taking the time to answer our survey. You mentioned that our property was well maintained, and that the location was very convenient to shopping and restaurants. I am glad that you enjoyed our quiet rooms and our Hot Breakfast in our spacious Breakfast Room. I will pass your remarks along to our hard working staff. We hope to see you again real soon.
Santa Ana, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had to stay here for a night and I really liked it and one of the best things about the rooms was the long bath tubs in the room! the bed were nice but I didn't really care for the pillows 2 big one would have been nice but 4 little one just isn't what I care for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve F
Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey about your stay at our property recently. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You mentioned our nice long tubs and our beds. You did suggest that you would have liked 2 large pillows rather than the 4 regular pillows that are on our beds. Best Western requires the 4 pillows, but I will pass along your comments.
Thanks again.
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have traveled many miles in my life time and stayed in many motels. This Best Western is at the top of my list. It is easy acccesible, the staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. The rooms were clean, quiet and my wife and I got a goods nights rest. A young cleaning lady helped us find a restaurant. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mwright54
Brad A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to respond to our survey. I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at our property and got a good nights rest. Your comment about our clean & quiet rooms was most appreciated. I will be sure to pass along your praise for our staff. Hope to see you again.