“Great Price in Dothan!”

Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The Dothan Inn and Suites was a very nice stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. If I would have one minor complaint, the room we had at the end of building 2 was quite a way away from the ice and soda machine and even further away from the lobby where breakfast is served. Normally that wouldn't bother me, but the weather was bad. Otherwise, only good things to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our property recently. Thank you for all the compliments and for taking the time to answer our survey. You mentioned that your room was not located near the ice and snack machines, or the Breakfast Room. Our property is very large with 150 rooms, and I apologize for any inconvenience in getting to these areas due to the bad weather we were experiencing. Please feel free to ask for a room nearer to these areas the next time you visit. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This was a great experience for us. We lived in Dothan for 20 years and went back for a visit. This motel put us in the center of our planned visits. It is near all of the great shopping in Dothan. We are big fans of Best Western and this Inn is one of the top ones that we have stayed in and will be returning each time we visit Dothan. Oh it is very clean, quiet and a great staff. We stayed 6 nights.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank scouch42
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was happy to learn that you had a very enjoyable stay at our property recently. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your visit went. I understand that you are a past resident of our city and were returning for a visit. You mentioned how great our location was in relation to shopping, restaurants, and the places you needed to go. I will pass along your kind words about our staff and how quiet and clean your room was. Hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

If considering this property, be very careful! I was assigned room 137 in building 3 on Jan 24, 2014. Sometime during the evening of the 25th the adjacent room was broken into and the door which seperated that room from mine was kicked in. Fortunately, we were not in the room at the time. The TVs from both rooms were stolen along with prescription medication and some jewelry of my own. It appears that there is no video surveillance and the rear parking lot is not well lighted.
In this day and age, the safest route is with a hotel where all doors are accessed from the interior of the hotel and there are no adjoining doors unless both rooms are accupied by the same family or group.
On a positive note, the staff was helpful in relocating me to a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, insist on a room in the front of the property facing the highway.
Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank bamasailor
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your response to our guest survey. I know that you had a bad experience while staying at our property as you mentioned. I spoke with you by telephone the following morning
and expressed our concern about the situation. We have not had a guest room broke into in several years. These incidents are random and uncontrollable. We did everything we could to be as helpful to you as possible such as calling the police, comping your room, and sending you to another hotel at our expense. Thank you for mentioning how helpful our staff was in handling the situation. You mentioned that we did not have video surveillance, but that is not correct. We do have video cameras around the parking lot, and the tape was made available to the police. Hopefully , it will be helpful in the investigation. Again, I am sorry that this happened to you at our property. I mentioned to you that several years ago, I was staying at a hotel in Daytona Beach and my room was broken into, so I do know what you are feeling.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hotel is well maintained, clean and very conveniently located on HYW 231. Plenty of restaurants & shopping nearby. The rear units are very quite. The breakfast room is spacious and attractive. The exercise facility is actually a Gold's Gym about a block away. Obtain a pass at the desk. The pool is very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at our property, and for taking the time to answer our survey. You mentioned that our property was well maintained, and that the location was very convenient to shopping and restaurants. I am glad that you enjoyed our quiet rooms and our Hot Breakfast in our spacious Breakfast Room. I will pass your remarks along to our hard working staff. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had to stay here for a night and I really liked it and one of the best things about the rooms was the long bath tubs in the room! the bed were nice but I didn't really care for the pillows 2 big one would have been nice but 4 little one just isn't what I care for.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve F
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey about your stay at our property recently. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. You mentioned our nice long tubs and our beds. You did suggest that you would have liked 2 large pillows rather than the 4 regular pillows that are on our beds. Best Western requires the 4 pillows, but I will pass along your comments.
Thanks again.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have traveled many miles in my life time and stayed in many motels. This Best Western is at the top of my list. It is easy acccesible, the staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. The rooms were clean, quiet and my wife and I got a goods nights rest. A young cleaning lady helped us find a restaurant. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mwright54
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to respond to our survey. I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay at our property and got a good nights rest. Your comment about our clean & quiet rooms was most appreciated. I will be sure to pass along your praise for our staff. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place has it's act together. Nice rooms..fantastic water pressure..the shower almost knocked me down..gotta love it..Great price for such a nice place..We had a room not facing the main street and had no noise issues..great breakfast and lobby..Great value..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim M
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read your review of your stay at our property recently. First, thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey. Your comments about how nice our rooms are and the high water pressure in our showers were most appreciated. I am glad you found our rates to be reasonable, and that you enjoyed our Hot Breakfast. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to all of our staff.