“Don't stay here unless you like rude front desk, much less a decent rooomight staff person is rude and incompetent”

Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Housekeeping called at 8:45 a.m. on a SUNDAY. Day staff (when available and not hiding in offices) pleasant, but buildings not clearly marked at all; what housekeeping finished my room, it was barely cleaned. No instruction on TV use; phone system prices poorly marked; All in all, after staying there on and off for 5 years, I've seen property and staff have sunk to new lows. If I ever return to Dothan, I would stay anywhere else, and advise that this place is a dump.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brad A, General Manager at Best Western Dothan Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to tell us about your visit to our hotel. Needless to say, I was very disappointed that your stay was not an enjoyable one.

I would like to apologize on behalf of our management and staff for the problems you encountered. Since your experience is not typical of most of our guests, I did address each of your complaints with our staff.

I apologize that you had trouble operating our TV's. We had recently installed new HD TV's in every room and also switched to Direct HD Satellite TV Programming to provide more HD Channels to our line up. We are very proud that we can offer this to our guests now. All rooms should have TV instructions, I'm sorry that yours did not.

You mentioned that our staff was pleasant, but not as available as they should have been. I don't know what specifically you encountered, but I have addressed this with them. I also spoke with our Housekeeping Department about the issues you mentioned.

Once again please accept my apologies. If you decide to visit us again, I can assure you that your experience will be a positive one. Thank you.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just to let everybody know the hotel was very clean good location
shopping across the street no complaints will definately stay again hotel room was very
clean and comfortable restaurents across the street also

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We found this place to be among the best. Stayed 2 nights with a group visiting the Army Aviation Museum, another great stop, and everyone was pleased. Our room was very well cared for, in nice condition, and the breakfast, while not the best we ever had, was satisfactory to us. We would go back again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here over the holiday weekend on our way home. It was located right off the main road. The price was reasonable and the front desk service was great. The room was nice and warm when we got in since it was cold outside. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast the next morning was nice as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I accidentally clicked on "2 stars" on Priceline. My rule is to never go below 2 1/2 stars. The experience was fine, though I will be more careful in the future....making certain it is not the 2 star category.

It is a two-story property on a busy highway. It is older and could use a major overhaul. Still, the room was clean and the AC worked great. The bed linens were rougher than we are used to, but we were exhausted from a long day of driving and we slept soundly.

Breakfast buffet is included-- very basic, but we found stuff to eat. I used the waffle mix and enjoyed a big, fluffy waffle. It didn't make me feel particularly healthy, but tasted fine.

All employees were friendly and helpful.

A Chili's is a couple blocks away, where we ate dinner.

Room Tip: We had second floor in front-- would have preferred first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We spent two nights here Aug 10-11, 2012. Breakfast was well prepared, generous and offered a great selection. Room, beds and showers were customary Best Western, i.e., worth the money you pay. As for the things I wished were different, the first night our television turned itself on and off every few minutes - right at the crucial moments in the show you're watching. The second night's room had a ton of nats we spent the evening killing. So, two rooms, two weaknesses. Having stayed here a year ago, I would stay again, realizing they'll fix the weaknesses.

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs - much more convenient!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scouter710
Reviewed August 12, 2012

First, this is a MOTEL, not a hotel! I booked on Hotwire as a 2.5 star property and this is what we got. The room was clean and looked nicer than you would expect from the outside. It seems they made cosmetic touches inside, but nothing outside, very old looking. The bed was okay but the bathrooms are small. The security latch at the top of the door had to be replaced by maintenance because it had been broken off (maybe the door had been kicked in). The location is convenient to the mall and restaurants. We only stayed for one night, so it was tolerable, but I wouldn't come back, even with the discounted rate.

• Stayed: August 2012