“Dothan's home for fresh seafood & steaks....”

Hunt's Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Ranked #2 of 228 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent raw oysters. Tender steaks. Fried seafood done to perfection. Place is always busy, and has been for the past 15 years or more. What else do you need to know? TRY IT....It's not as fancy/dressed up as the Red Lobster or Olive Garden, so I guess that's the only bad part, for those of you who insist on "ambience".....personally, I haven't tasted any tasty ambience in quite some time...LoL

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This place was totally packed with people when we went for dinner, but WOW the food was amazing. Just seemed like a normal southern family restaurant, which it was, but WOW, the shrimp!!

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

On the recommendation of the young man at the front desk of my hotel I tried Hunt's Seafood for lunch on Saturday. The exterior was reminiscent of some of the old (now gone) seafood haunts at West End in New Orleans. Nothing fancy, inside or out.

I enjoyed the Fried Oysters and the delicious Cole Slaw. The oysters were small but plump and fresh, and the batter was light. I had the 1/2 order but there were 12 oysters instead of 6 because of their size. I would not proclaim these the best oysters in the South, but they were very good. There are several places in New Orleans that would definitely outrank Hunt's.

I was happy with my choice and would return there if I find myself in Dothan again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We first stopped here on our way to Florida by mistake and remembered it ever since. They are famous for their raw ouster bar in back. Here you can sit up at the bar and watch them hand shuck your oysters while siping down a cold one. This place is exceptional for sure! If you try it, tell Josh ( our shucker). Indiana says hi and we will be back !

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Anybody that doesn't like hunts has a grudge against their belly. At one time or another, I've eaten just about everything on the menu and was never disappointed.

The waitresses are great and always on the move. If you get slow service here, it's because the food is so good and the place is always packed.

People coming in from out of town as well the local people keep it that way and for good reason. THE FOOD HERE IS SUPERB!

There have something for everyone. They just may have the best chili dog in the world. Their ribeye steaks are always great and cooked to perfection. Their seafood and oysters are second to none. They have a fantastic salad bar. Also, they have tasty daily lunch specials for the working stiffs.

From the oyster bar to the restaurant, this place is great. I highly recommend Hunts Steak and Seafood. You won't be disappointed.

Been to Hunt's Seafood Restaurant & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!