“Very good value”

Ranked #12 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Florida
“Very good value”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Concur with other reviewers. Well-managed and clean property. Minor aging issues (carpet fraying at the door transition, exposing the spike strip) but overall much better than most in this price range. Located on the 4-lane road near shopping centers and restaurants, but a little difficult to get in/out due to highway median.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Thomasville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I was pleased with the size of the room. They even have amenities in case visitors forget toothbrushes, razor, etc. The breakfast was good to. What kept me from rating it very good was the hairs that was left in the shower stall. This was reported to the front desk.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tret W
Beavercreek, Ohio
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Our family stayed here overnight on our way to Florida....and I am glad we did. We used one of the websites to get an unknown deal and it was well worth it. The rooms were very clean...and there was lots of shopping close...which made my wife happy of course. The hotel had nice décor and the beds were actually pretty comfortable. breakfast was ok...not the best we had ever had but better than most hotels. We would definitely stay there again if we ever go back through that town and need a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Southeast USA
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'm a little picky when it comes to clean hotel rooms. I usually spend at least a little time cleaning any room I stay in. I was very pleased with everything in our room: sheets, towels, bathroom, etc. The very pleasant night clerk was ready for us when we showed up for our late check-in. If you are a Choice Rewards member, you get free bottled water and/or snacks, which was a nice surprise. This is going to be my go-to hotel in Dothan from now on, as I travel through that area several times a year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the room next to the elevator, but we did not hear any noise at all...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dearborn, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The title says it all: Just your average hotel. Don't pay more than $80/night though, that's my cutoff point on Sleep Inn Dothan. Pool and breakfast area are small to standard size, breakfast was better than average - sausage and eggs, waffles, etc... Staff was nice. Location is ok - a couple of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

They botched our reservation and charged our card for an extra day, but I'm not mad about it because they fixed it. Our room felt damp when we got there but once we turned the AC it seemed to feel more dry - humidity issue.

If you just need a place to stay for 1-3 nights and looking for average accommodations at less than $80/night I'd say go ahead and book. If, however, you're expecting to be "wowed" you're barking up the wrong tree.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiel V
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Employees here at Laquinta Inn are very helpful and very attentive to my needs. They do the best they can to help with all your requests and what possible they get it done. I do appreciate the help I received and feel welcome. I do recommend the stay with Laquinta here in Dothan , Alabama .

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in room 102 on our way to Florida. We were not impressed. The room smelled damp & there was quite a bit of mold on the ceiling above the shower. We did not know until the next morning when we were showering, that the tub was not draining properly. The bathtub was half full by the time we finished our showers. The breakfast was just ok. However, the breakfast attendant ( I didn't catch her name) was very friendly & pleasant. We did not use the pool or workout room. When I reported our problems to the front desk staff, they said they would have the problems taken card of.

Stayed July 2014