“Very comfortable stay in a clean room”

Sleep Inn and Suites Dothan
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I'm a little picky when it comes to clean hotel rooms. I usually spend at least a little time cleaning any room I stay in. I was very pleased with everything in our room: sheets, towels, bathroom, etc. The very pleasant night clerk was ready for us when we showed up for our late check-in. If you are a Choice Rewards member, you get free bottled water and/or snacks, which was a nice surprise. This is going to be my go-to hotel in Dothan from now on, as I travel through that area several times a year.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the room next to the elevator, but we did not hear any noise at all...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The title says it all: Just your average hotel. Don't pay more than $80/night though, that's my cutoff point on Sleep Inn Dothan. Pool and breakfast area are small to standard size, breakfast was better than average - sausage and eggs, waffles, etc... Staff was nice. Location is ok - a couple of restaurants and bars within walking distance.

They botched our reservation and charged our card for an extra day, but I'm not mad about it because they fixed it. Our room felt damp when we got there but once we turned the AC it seemed to feel more dry - humidity issue.

If you just need a place to stay for 1-3 nights and looking for average accommodations at less than $80/night I'd say go ahead and book. If, however, you're expecting to be "wowed" you're barking up the wrong tree.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kiel V
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Employees here at Laquinta Inn are very helpful and very attentive to my needs. They do the best they can to help with all your requests and what possible they get it done. I do appreciate the help I received and feel welcome. I do recommend the stay with Laquinta here in Dothan , Alabama .

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in room 102 on our way to Florida. We were not impressed. The room smelled damp & there was quite a bit of mold on the ceiling above the shower. We did not know until the next morning when we were showering, that the tub was not draining properly. The bathtub was half full by the time we finished our showers. The breakfast was just ok. However, the breakfast attendant ( I didn't catch her name) was very friendly & pleasant. We did not use the pool or workout room. When I reported our problems to the front desk staff, they said they would have the problems taken card of.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Mombor
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed two nights at this property in April 2014. Our two grand children were with us. We loved it. The room was large and clean. The staff was very nice. They have a nice pool, but it was too cool to enjoy. They accepted our "walk in" coupon for a reduced rate. They have a full breakfast buffet with waffles, bacon, eggs, toast, fruit, cereal, coffee, milk, and a variety of juices. Their free cookies at the desk were delicious, but usually when we came by, the plate was empty.
And it is close to a huge shopping center with a Kohls, Lowes, Ross, Dick's, Target, Logan's, Game Stop, Gigi's Cupcakes, Best Buy, and a host of small shops, stores, and specialty restaurants. And next door is a huge WalMart, with a Sonic, Brewsters, and Murphy gas station on the outer perimeter of their parking lot. They usually have good gas prices. To the left of the property is a Mikata Japanese Steak restaurant. To the right is an Arby's. We will gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Access in and out from US Hwy 231 is tricky. It is a very busy location. And you cannot cross the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Danny S
Reviewed May 18, 2014

After reading other reviews of this property, I'm wondering if we stayed at the same hotel. It has a no pet policy, yet I saw a man bringing his large dog into the hotel. The clerk who checked us in was very nice, however, I was not acknowledged as a Choice Privileges member and was certainly not offered water and cookies (never saw any cookies). The room was fine until we found an old towel from the previous guest hanging behind the bathroom door (I told the front desk clerk who said she'd tell housekeeping). Yuck! The bedding looked like it hadn't been changed (very wrinkly). The other reviews raved about the breakfast, but we, however, didn't have that experience. When we went to breakfast, they were already out of regular waffle mix (although I thought it was neat that they had blueberry mix) and grits. When I asked about it, the attendant was less than courteous. Cereal selection was poor. The pool area needed serious attention. We swam in the dark and the pool lights didn't work. Water was dirty. The front desk clerk said she didn't know anything about how to work the lights. The pool towel cabinet was littered with used towels and there were no clean ones. We had to go inside and ask at the desk for towels (which she pleasantly gave us). The fitness center was 2 machines - elliptical that was difficult to use, and a bike which didn't work at all. Pitiful! Although there were clean towels in the fitness room.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and won't do that again. The folks above us sounded like a group of e...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank JMarieAU
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I made an unplanned trip to Dothan to be with our daughter in the intensive care unit at the hospital. After not sleeping in almost 2 days, it was nice to have a place to go where we didn't need to talk with people and there was a comfortable bed and a great shower. This Sleep Inn fit the bill. We stayed 2 nights and were very pleased. I stayed again a few days later and was very pleased. We didn't have the breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family