“Great Stay”

Sleep Inn and Suites Dothan
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Was on our way to Florida and stopped here for a nap. We had found the hotel in one of the coupon books at the rest area. They were very pleased to accept the coupon for the lower price when we got there to see if they had a room. The room was nice and clean and the beds slept great. The breakfast was wonderful. The lady that done the breakfast was so nice. She greeted everyone that came in, and if anything started getting a little low she was on top of it. It was more than your average breakfast at Sleep Inns that I have stayed in before. We were having to go to Florida for medical purposes so my daughter and her family and my other daughters husband came a couple of days behind us. I told the both of them to stop there and stay because due to weather they had to leave in the evening like we did. They also stopped and were very pleased. Everyone loved the breakfast. Easy check in and out. If need be I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor and we had no problems.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
SleepInnDothan, Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

We are happy to know that you and your family enjoyed our Breakfast and customer service during your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time out to give us your feedback, as it is very important to us. We hope you guys had safe travels and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We stated here overnight on a Long drive to Florida. It was a little cheaper than some of the other hotels ($80 with taxes) so was great value. Most importantly this place was clean and tidy. It smelled clean, looked clean, and had no mildew in my shower!

The room was standard with everything you need, and had been well maintained. Breakfast was good. I don't like the way they make the cooked food in these hotels but I still had a good choice of yogurt, toast and the waffle maker.

All the staff were friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Aron-UK
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean room, with comfortable bed. Staff was friendly. Was surprised to see the full breakfast they serve! We had fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, biscuits & lots more. It was all cooked just right, thanks to Ms. Cathy. We had the pleasure of meeting & talking to her. She takes pride in her cooking, and it shows. We'd been away from home three weeks, including an 11 night cruise, and this was the best breakfast I had.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank cjj51
SleepInnDothan, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us! We take pride in the service provided by our hotel staff & certainly hope you think of us whenever you visit Dothan.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Best combination of price and member ratings in the area. Room was fine BUT the bed was worn out. Pulled the covers and remade with the pillows at the foot of the bed where there was still some padding. What really make the stay great was the breakfast chef Cathy. Warm, personable, and that lady can cook. Fresh scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage all cooked to perfection.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAMESD843
SleepInnDothan, General Manager at Sleep Inn and Suites Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we are thrilled you enjoyed your visit. I would like to also apologize for your bed being worn. We stated our reinvention this year and new mattress are coming. Thanks again!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Tried this hotel due to reviews on TripAdvisor. The front desk staff were very nice. Got to the room and thought that this was ok for a budget hotel. The bathroom was clean and I was surprised at the toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.) provided. As always I pulled the sheets back to look at the bed. I was very surprised that the sheets had not been changed and that there was a lot of hair in the bed. I called the front desk and they offered another room. The clerk and I checked the bed sheets in the new room and they were clean. The staff person was very helpful and wanted to make the situation right. Bottom line, this is a budget hotel. The fact that the bed had been made without changing the sheets makes me wonder about the management or could this have been an honest mistake by the housekeeper. If you are used to staying in a Hilton or Marriott branded hotel you will definitely feel like your in a cheap hotel. A lot has been said about the free breakfast. While the attendant was excellent, there was nothing special here. Honestly, the free breakfast at the Fairfield Inn in Dothan was better in all aspects.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank KPJ99
Reviewed August 14, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Vicky B
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. It covers the "3-C's of travel. Clean, comfortable, courteous. Quick check inn. I travel 3-5 days weekly and ALWAYS check trip advisor reviews before selecting a hotel. The reviews for this hotel are correct. I will stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013