“Not a chain”

Ranked #23 of 227 Restaurants in Dothan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My family went to the old mill for a birthday celebration dinner. I ordered the filet mignon and it was quite tasty. The decor is getting a bit dated, but it is a restaurant that has been around for quite awhile now. There are a lot of chain restaurants and this provides a nice alternative to those.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

While in Dothan on business my colleagues and I went to Old Mill for dinner, based on the recommendation of a local. The yeast rolls are supposed to be incredible, and we were told they had good steaks and seafood. The yeast rolls were good, but not what I was expecting. They had the delicious aroma of yeast, and a good flavor, but were a little on the heavy side for rolls, as well as having a dense, fine consistency, as if they were rushed and didn't rise fully. I had the seafood Alfredo, which was reasonably priced at around $13-14, and it was very good, although heavy enough that I felt bloated until bedtime. My colleagues had a variety of other dishes, and they were all good. Overall, I felt this would be a solid recommendation for someone visiting Dothan, based on the overall quality and variety of menu items.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

my wife and i went to old mill for an early dinner...i could have made a meal out of the fresh hot rolls that the kind waitress brought to the table. we started with an order of crab claws that were there when i finished my salad. i ordered the grecian grouper and sweet potato fries. all was excellent and we will return soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

While at Alabama's Welcome Center, she told me about the 100 dishes you must eat in Alabama. So we stopped here to taste Grouper. I must admit, I was very disappointed; I left some of it on my plate. The waitress was never there to fill our drinks and we kept asking other people for drinks. Such a disappointment.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is a real pretty restaurant from the outside, but a bit dated once you walk in. The food was just average at best. Everyone at our table thought so. Although it was not horrible, we probably won't be going back anytime soon. I will say the service was very good though

Been to Old Mill Restaurant? Share your experiences!