“It was great but it's CLOSED”
Review of Zakis Mediteranian - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zakis Mediteranian
Reviewed July 25, 2014

To bad the only decent Greek restaurant in the area is closed now.
It had excellent deserts and REAL gyros.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I saw Zakis, was in the mood for Spanokopita, so off we went. He place looks like it was a fast food chain, but has been redone in bright colors, spacious and clean! We ordered, gyro for T chicken gyro for me. Hummu as a sidde. No spinach pie.....huh?!?!? This is what I went there for. Oh well. The gyros were large, tasty, with some bits of the char grill still present. Wrapped in what I fear was a store bought pite, served with a home made tzaziki sauce, making me want more. The hummus was smooth and spicy, the chips providing the perfect spoons! If spinach pie was added, I think this could be a new go to place. Baklava, however small, was good. Hundreds of layers of phillo paired with walnuts and syrup.....yum! A great ending to a good meal.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great traditional food, normal portions, reasonable prices. The Gyros are a bit large but my son didn't mind! I prefer the classic vegetables and couscous. The Lassi and Baklava hit that sweet tooth dead on! The Falafels are a very nice starter!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have eaten here a few times. The staff has been very curteous, the restaurant clean, and the food very good. If you're idea of Mediterranean food is limited to olives and feta, this may not be the restaurant for you. My only real gripe about Zaki's is the location.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I'm looking for good food I know Zaki's consistantly delivers. I've eaten here 7-8 times and every time the same level of quality in their food shines through. My go to dish is the lamb gyro with vegetables as a side. And that's something else I LOVE about this place. You can get vegetables as your side! It's a stewed type of potato with yellow squash and carrots. A much needed change from french fries everywhere else! I've tried another dish there that was good, but cannot remember what it was called, but I'm still drawn to the lamb gyro everytime. I'll be making many more trips back to Zaki's for a fresh mediteranian meal that's priced right. Only $6.95 for the lamb gyro with side. You can't hardly eat at a fast food place for that anymore and you're getting better quality food that's way better for you.