“mediterranean food really?”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Zakis Mediteranian
Reviewed August 26, 2012

i visited this restauarant after several people to me about the gyro's and the stuffed grape leaaves. When i drove up I was shocked to see that the parking lot was empty. for a moment I thought they were closed. When i walked into the restaurant I was not greeted by anyone with a smile or a hello.
i visited to the restaurant and they hot and had a smell.
When i sat down to order my food, 2 of the kitchen staff were sitting down and the cashier just starred. finally i walked to the counter and said that I was ready to order.
When my food came to the table i was very shocked at the quanitty that i was given. i was shocked at the gyro's quality, I have seen and had a lot better. I will find a gryo elsewhere.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My wife and I just returned from visiting Egypt, Israel and Jordan, so the taste if fresh in our minds. Zaki's is a very good example of the cuisine you would get anywhere in Israel or Jordan. The Tabouli is typical of the region, heavy on greens and light on bulgar wheat. I am used to it the other way around, our friends from Lebanon made it another way, but it is very good for a salad. The lamb Gyro was very heavy on lamb, it is a lamb roll, like you find a Arby's with beef, but tasty and good. Ask for some grilled onions in the sandwich, like we had in Athens, Greece. But it was a very good authentic Gyro with Tsatsiki included. Everything we had was good, and a fair price. Try it. The Dolomades, grape leaves (over there they are called vine leaves, more accurate), were good too. Kul Kuwais awi!

2  Thank terryLCO
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food was excellent. It is a casual, inexpensive place to grab some very good food. My husband loved his lamb gyro and the hummus was delicious. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who loves Mediterranean food or is looking to trying something new. It's great to see more variety in food choices coming to Dothan.

1  Thank Hatshepsut13
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I met Chef Barakat when he first opened and was blown away that dothan Alabama could have a chef with such an extensive pedigree. He moved here from Jerusalem ...became a civil engineer... then decided to work for the Brennan family in new Orleans for 17 years! A degree fron the ACI in new york...WOW! Everything is cooked fresh just as he was shown as a little boy in jerusalem. I'll promise that this will be just a start for him in Dothan. Start with the fresh lamb gyro with roasted vegetables and baclava on your first trip then order something different each time you go there! bon appétit

1  Thank jubileepeyton
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The owner here goes out of his way to make your meal great. It's a counter service style restaurant, the prices are great, and everything is really authentic... and the baklava (sp?) is ridiculously good. They will visit your table and make sure you have everything you need, offer refills on drinks, and when they bring your meal out it is often beautifully presented. We love it.

1  Thank DHolmes037