“Good pies, local beer (seriously..local beer)”

Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill
Ranked #5 of 223 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill, located in Historic Downtown Dothan. Fire Stone starts with a simple concept: create food the way cultures have been preparing it for generations. We do this with our Tuscan imported wood fired ovens and our ordered fresh daily ingredients. We use homemade dough and all pizzas are hand made to order. We also offer a full array of appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, calzones as well as our signature thin and crispy Italian style pizza. We offer a fully stocked bar with over 60 liquors, 12 beers on draft, 18 bottled beers, and 12 varieties of aged wine for your selection.
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good pies, local beer (seriously..local beer)”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

My second visit to Fire Stone. I like the fact that they usually have the only local beer on tap. However their wine list is a bit limited. I had the house Cab Sav and it was "ehh". When asked about another glass I let the server know that it was just ok so she offered me to taste my other options and even gave me a very full pour on the second glass. Kudo's to the server. Comfortable setting. Not too fancy but doesn't look like a cheap pizza chain store inside either. If it wasn't 91 degrees outside I would had eaten outside and watched the world go by. Staff both times were very friendly. My Caesar salad came out quickly. Looked like mostly romaine hearts. Couldn't tell if the dressing was home-made or not. Suppose that is good. It did have a bit too much dressing so if you don't like ton's of dressing you may want to order it on the side. First visit I ordered the Pepperoni with basil and Roma tomatoes. It tasted very good but wasn't quite as done as I would prefer. It wasn't doughy but wasn't as crisp as a great pizza. Second visit I ordered plain pepperoni. Cooked much better but I will admit I liked the taste with the basil and Roma's better. The pizza sauce is mild so you'll have to spice it up if you like a kick to your pizza. Oh, they do have their own parking lot which is nice given the downtown location.

Visited May 2014

Enterprise, Alabama
“Good and bad visits. This one very bad. ”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here a number if times over the past few years. This time was very disappointing. Ordered the Muffaletta and received it with no olive relish. Asked and waitress had no idea of what olive relish is. She asked manager who gave her a small container of olive relish to give us. I had to add to my sandwich myself and of course it was not as good as it should have been. No apologies from manager or waitress.

Probably my last visit.

1 Thank chrisjoi
njtaylor55, Manager at Fire Stone Wood Fired Pizza and Grill, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hello Chrisjoi:

Thank you for your recent review and we are sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. I noticed that you mentioned you had a "Muffaletta" but we actually do not have that on our menu. Would you mind sharing when you visited so we can figure out what happened? Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely - Nicole Taylor
“Incredible pizza and ice cold beer”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This place was great all around. The food was excellent the beers were chilled. The atmosphere is nice and quiet yet exciting.

“Great choice”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Drive by this place every day finally stopped for dinner, very glad we did! Nice beer selection, fresh food and lovely service! Nice to see the firepit from the seating area nice atmosphere.

Arlington, Texas, USA
“Good pizza.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Great place to hang out and get awesome pizza with a variety of traditional and non-traditional toppings. Very good service and a nice establishment.