“Crowded but worth it”

Conestoga Steak House
Ranked #5 of 228 Restaurants in Dothan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed March 3, 2013

It has been a while since my last visit to the Conestoga but it is still the best steak I have ever had in a restaurant. The dining room is very crowded and doesnt have a natural flow but it never bothered me when I took that first bite. I like my steaks medium well and I never got a dry steak from them. It was always juicy and full of flavor. The ribeyes are nicely trimmed to remove unwanted fat but leave enough to enhance the flavor. Seasoned to perfection and cooked to order every time. I can not wait to get back to Dothan for this steak.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent steak. Does not take reservations but well worth the wait. Avoid Friday night crowds. Steak was large, tender and good service.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you arrive after 5:00 PM most nights, expect to wait. Conestoga is the most popular local restaurant in town. The steaks are very good. Ther sides are fair. The salad is a small bowl of lettuce with some dressing. The rolls are very good. If you are looking for the best steak in town, this is it. If you want great side dishes and atmosphere keep looking.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have eaten here many times and enjoyed it, but our last visit was our last visit. We really wanted a great steak, but the food was not what we were used to getting here. Neither of us thought it had much flavor at all. It is on the pricey side for this city, and we felt it was not up to par.

1  Thank HappyGirl551
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We eat here almost every Friday, the food is always good and cooked to our request and if it is not they always fix it. Our favorite waitress is Kylah, she always makes our visit very special and pleasant. She is quick and our order is done right or she has it fixed.

Been to Conestoga Steak House? Share your experiences!